Sep 2, 2007

She's Going The Distance......


Well, folks, I am back on track.... It has been awhile since I have been running.. I would love to blame it on the humidity and heat... But let's face it, I just got sooooo excited when I started dating B#1, that I stopped running. I stopped focusing on me....

So today, I managed to get off me arse and run 5 miles... It was a very slow 5 miles, but I did not want to push it, since it had been awhile.... I think I might have averaged about a 13 minute mile, but my endurance was still intact.. I completed the distance without stopping.. It felt sooooooooooo good. I just fell into a rhythm and got lost in the music and scenery... Around the 4 mile mark, I was beginning to lose motivation... Hot and sweaty, I wanted to give in!! But Alas! it started to rain.... Oh, sooo refreshing. Not a hard downpour, just enough to make it breezy and cool... Enough to help me finish!

Just thought I would mention it.... Time to start looking for some more weekend races!!

2 comments:

Ginger said...

http://www.huntsvillehospital.org/foundation/events/ribbonrun/

You know if you're going to be in town anyway...

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good invitation to me.