Sep 15, 2007

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

It is amazing to me how a quick trip to Bama can erase all of my frustrations and completely change my mood.


It DID!! for now...


Friday, I got to pick up the kiddies (Bri-Baby and the Boy Wonder) from school. After snacks and hanging out for a bit we headed over to pick up Grandma and Grandpa for an excursion to the local middle school Carnival.




Bri-Baby was the first to jump on a ride.





Then a quick trip to the top of the world!




Boy Wonder had still not warmed up, but Bri was having a blast.





So pretty, I wanted to do it too!!





Another view from the top.




Hey there he is, not real sure about going skyhigh...



Boy Wonder did convince me to ride something the devil invented..... It hurt BAD!! Good thing I choose the outside seat or I would have squished him. I believe at one point he was on top of my head!! We also rode something called the Tip Top Be Bop.... Lots and lots of spinning.. I am getting too old for this as it made me queasy. But then I was never good at spinning! All in all it was a good time...


Saturday we literally spent the entire morning playing a simplified version of HangMan/ Wheel of Fortune.. I am proud to say that I won, followed by a three way tie.



Finally, I was allowed to drive the Turnip Truck.. Thought about borrowing it for next weeks trip to the NE, but at least I can get 45 out of the loaner truck, plus it hauls more freight...




On my way home, I decided to take the scenic route to continue those peaceful easy feelings. Two lane all the way!! It was sooooo pleasant and I found a nice little covered bridge along the way.
So, there you have it, my weekend turned out very nice and I forgot all about everything that has been bugging me. Lets hope that feeling lasts!!




4 comments:

Mike said...

Yeah for two lane roads, turnip trucks and covered bridges.

And Not cutting anything off or having to eat a sack lunch makes it that much more special, right?

Love Bears All Things said...

I missed you by a few hours. We may have to wait until Christmas to see each other again. I'm glad you enjoyed time with my grands, though. And their parents had a night out sans the kids.
Mama Bear

*~*Cece*~* said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! I haven't been to a carnival in...I can't even remember!

Terry said...

Yeah Mike, but if I had wanted a sack lunch, there was an occupied pasture next to the bridge, talk about convenience!!

Oh, CECE, I dont wanna go back!!