Mar 14, 2009

Natural Disasters

Wow!  I had an incredibly busy week... Travelling through multiple states, pulling multiple loads, I am exhausted. 


But during the course of this week's adventures, I stumbled upon a few natural disasters. I know that we respond to these events and comfort and care for those who have been affected, but I cant help but think that this is all part of the plan...You know, Mother Natures way of spring cleaning.

First, I witnessed another brush fire in Southern Florida. The odd part was, as I was heading south towards Medley, there was no indication of anything awry, but less than 2 hours later, heading back northbound, I noticed the billowing smoke clouds.  This makes the third wildfire I have seen in Florida in 2 weeks.




Later, on Friday, while heading home from an additional route, I traversed down the Pennyrile Parkway in Kentucky, and witnessed first hand the destruction left behind from the ice storms.  




2 comments:

The Wondering Brit said...

Yer know...(sigh) I removed the mirrors from my place due to the fact I look like a Natural Disaster.
I'm kinda proud of this these days, but don't believe that if I set fire to my place that I could create as much smoke as the fire you started - sorry, the fire you observed

Digital Fortress said...

Wow! Mother Nature seems to be on a rampage.