Feb 14, 2008

I Don't Need This Crap

Do you remember waaaay back when I tried to chop my thumb off late one Saturday night. September 08, 2007.

That was during the transition of Trucking Companys.

I had paid a premium to continue my health care insurance until the new insurance took over. It took them over 6 weeks to process the payment, by which time the benefits were no longer in affect. However, there was that one little claim that needed to be paid. I was told I was not eligible for coverage when the claim was made. I told them to send me back my premium check (which they had happily cashed) and I would pay my own damn bills. They checked on a few things and decided to pay the claim......

No harm.... No foul.....

Well, they only paid the hospital's invoice. They have yet to render payment to the attending Physician.

So, for the past four months I had received a statement indicating I owe $634.00. For the past four months, I have contacted the insurance company regarding their refusal to pay... And of course, for the past four months they have assured me that it would be handled.

Today, I received another statement. It seems I am now the proud owner of a delinquent account as reported by one of the fabulous credit reporting agencies. In fact, two of them are holding this against me.. WTF !!

So, once again, in the morning I will contact both offices and I will not hang up the phone until this issue is resolved... I would have gladly paid the bill, had they not accepted my premium payment to begin with. But for the nearly $600 premium I paid, I think they should at least honor the freaking policy and pay the damn claim already.

5 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Problem is, this goes on your credit report with no explanation about the reason for it. See, it hurts you when you don't pay even if you're justified.
Mama Bear

Love Bears All Things said...

Whoops! I was going to catch up on your posts but alas G wants me to get a move on. I'll be back!
'Bear

Terry said...

Mama Bear, my refusal to pay is not because I feel justified in not doing so (even though I am). My refusal to pay is because BCBS keeps telling me that they are going to pay it. If I had known this was going to become an issue, even with the premium paid, I would have gladly paid the invoice and dealt with the insurance company at a later time.

maddie said...

ugh. that sucks, big time. i hope you were able to get everything straightened out today...and i hope you were able to get that off your credit report, too!

Terry said...

Shell, BCBS once again assured me the check would be mailed soon :) The lady at the billing office told me that it was not reported, but I see it on my credit file. Can't have it removed until it is paid!!