Feb 3, 2008

Good News

Well, it seems that my depression seems to be lifting somewhat.. Maybe it helped that I finally got a good cry out of me this past weekend.. It just seems that I have no tears left in me anymore and so it gets harder and harder to vent.

In other news, In the past few weeks, I have not been able to run my beloved NE route at all. When freight slows down, my load is the first to get grabbed up by someone with more seniority than myself. Therefore, I have been running a tad bit closer to home, but my work week has consistently been extended to six days as opposed to my normal four... I have blown out 2 tires, had 2 loads shift, lost a trailer arm due to bolts breaking, been DOT'ed and "shut down" and supposedly blown a Turbo....which resulted in many many many hours of delays and one afternoon sitting on the shoulder of the highway waiting for help. I do not think the Turbo is blown because there were none of the usual symptoms present, but there was indeed five gallons of oil coating every inch of my truck along with about a mile stretch of highway, so yeah, there was definitely something wrong with the truck.

I was also hoping to make a short trip to Bama this month to see the kids, but that has been put on hold. My only weekend free this month was not a good weekend for the folks I was going to visit so, I will try again in March... I will just have to send a goodie box because I already bought valentines and birthday presents for the intended visit. :(

My diet has not been so kind to me this go-round. I can't seem to jump start the loss, BUT... I did quit smoking, and so far without any weight gain... It has been 2 weeks!! I have done very little running during the month of January (5 miles for the entire month, which I believe I did the first week) I pretty much spent every day off sitting in seclusion with my blinds drawn. February is going to be better. I have already logged ten miles in just the first weekend!! So things are looking better on that front.

And just for the record, I am sitting here blogging because I had yet another load shift and it is undeliverable. They will reload it in the morning and I will begin my deliveries on Tuesday. I only made it 80 miles before I had to turn around and bring it back.

Well, Tom Petty is on, so I must go enjoy the halftime show (I am not a Pro Football Fan, but all of my customers are either Patriots or Giants Fans and they would be severely disappointed if I could not exchange banter over this particular event. Besides, that Tom Brady sure is a looker!! and the commercials are usually pretty good too, but Iron Bowl, it is not!!

Oh yeah, spell check is not working so if you find any errors... Get Over It!!

4 comments:

Sally said...

Wow! I'd been wondering what you've been up to. Sounds like a lot!

Stink about not getting to see the kids, but congratulations on quitting smoking! I bet that soon it will make running A LOT easier.

Well, the game just ended, and it's the first game ALL season where the team I rooted for actually won. I don't like that stinky Tom Brady (even if he is a looker).

I hope you have a good week...once you get that new load going.

Love Bears All Things said...

Hey, I have the blues a lot in January and always have. I got through it by organizing and cleaning. I took a huge load to Good Will. I have been trying not to shop so much but did get some good buys early in the month.
congrats on 2 weeks. When I first quit, I chewed gum, sugar free. That might help you.
Sorry we want be in Bama at the same time. I suppose they want ti enjoy us separately.
Have a good week,
Mama Bear

Anonymous said...

Congrats on giving up smoking!

I have the blues, too. Maybe it IS the weather. A nice trip to a tropical location would do us all good!!

Terry said...

Thanks Sally, it seems ironic that smoking has never hindered my running.. Who knows just how fast I might become now that I have quit!!

Mama Bear, I am sad that I won't be in town to see you, but so is life! Enjoy our visit!!

Oh Siz, a tropical destination indeed. I have a friend heading down to Florida at the end of the month and he keeps threatening to kidnap me for the weekend! I have my fingers crossed.