Feb 21, 2008

I Checked The Weather and....

It's raining outside.


That used to be code for I am going to go smoke a cigarette.


I don't check the weather as often anymore, but today I wanted to run! It has not slacked up, but I think I will run anyway (in my old shoes!) I found a trusty hooded water resistant light weight jacket, so no more excuses, RIGHT?


but I digress........


So, in place of cigarettes, I have adopted a fondness for this. I know you are not supposed to replace one addiction for another, but I need the extra help right now! I went to my local grocery store to purchase the big bag, but they were out !.. UGH!!


NO, I have not bought a pack of cigarettes, although I will admit I have cheated a few times. I still have not bought any, though. Well, now I have advanced to Phase Two of the patches which , of course has a loser dosage of nicotine and my body can tell. So, time to up the will power and fight those nasty cravings. It has been five weeks...



Remember this? Go on, click it!!!



Tootsie Roll how I love your chocolately chew. Tootsie Roll, I think I am in love with you!!


Definitely better than this!!

5 comments:

*~*Cece*~* said...

OMG I had no idea you quit! Dammit, I just admitted not faithfully blog reading, haven't I? lol Good for you!

So do the patches really work? I've thought about quitting again. Thought about it.

Now I need a smoke.

Sally said...

Yay! Good for you...keep it up!

Love Bears All Things said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!!
I'm so proud of you!
Wear a visor or cap under the hoodie to keep the rain out of your face, that's what I do.

No cheating. I had about 6 packs in a carton when I quit. Several months later, I was craving one and went to smoke one of them. Yuck! Never smoked again.
Mama Bear

maddie said...

yippee! i'm so proud of you. when i stopped drinking i suddenly craved chocolate like never before. it's crazy when we replace our addictions with, but hey, i would rather have cavaties than the alternative!!

xoxo

Terry said...

OMG Cece, I did not know that you had started back... Damn, you were like an inspiration to me to Just Do It!! ha ha... The patches work wonderfully during Phase One(four weeks).. You won't even think about smoking, but phase two?? we shall see! I think Phase Two requires will power...So.... go smoke one for me!! Please!! I am not giving in dammit!!

Thanks Sally, I knew you would be proud.

Mama Bear, the rain is not so bad, I have determination! My biggest struggle is the fact that I purchase a carton every week for my NYC friend (he pays 200% more in Queens than I do in SC) So, I know they are RIGHT THERE...in arms reach, but..... I am still doing okay with it.... Bri-baby will be sooooooo proud when I seee her!! :)

Shell, I just had some cavities filled today :( and even my dentist noticed I had quit smoking(without me telling him). Oh, My clothes smell so much better. In fact, everything smells wonderful!! but damn if I could use a tootsie pop right now!!