Feb 14, 2008

Above and Beyond

Every since the new Trucking Company has taken over the account, I can honestly say that I have been very pleased having them as my employer. With the exception of a few trucking issues that could not be avoided otherwise, I have nothing but high praises for The New Employer.

And here is another reason to be grateful. Back in July, all the current drivers were promised a $1000 bonus if we would remain loyal to the Aluminum Co, and make the transfer to the new Trucking Company....Hmmmm did that make sense to you.. You see, some of our drivers have been hauling this stuff for twenty years or better, but have done so through several different trucking companies. Therfore, I declare that remaining loyal. The only stipulation was that we would have to remain with the new company for at least six months.

Well, it has been six months. DAMN, how time flies when you are having fun, and I do adore my new boss. So much better than Homer ever thought of being. So, we were anticipating just exactly how much of our bonus we would receive after taxes were paid.

Holy Cow! Not only did we indeed receive the entire bonus... but they even paid the taxes on it for us. And, they also made my 401K contribution for me. So, my thousand buck bonus cost my employer a little over $1600. I never expected that!

You know, come to think of it, many moons ago when I firsted started in this field, I was told that this was the top Trucking Company in Bama and if I could ever get hired by them, I would be more than satisfied. I must say that ten years later, I have to agree.... so far!

5 comments:

Sally said...

It's so nice to hear about a company who actually follows through on what they say! Glad things are going well at work.

Love Bears All Things said...

Wow! I never heard of a company giving the bonus plus paying all the incidentals.

Even if the owner changes, if you stay in the same place, it is like you've been with the same company. The owners of J's division has changed 2 times since we've been in Memphis.
I hope you had a good valentines Day.
Mama Bear

Terry said...

Thanks Sally, work is one topic that tends to remain good thing, as long as I am heading to the NE :). I know I fuss, but I am so grateful my work experience remains a pleasant one, even with all the Bad Truck issues!

I know Mama Bear, I was astonished. I had expected to recieve the percentage that was left over after taxes. But to make my 401k contribution as well :) When asked, I tell people I work for the Aluminum Co, but they just give me a different truck to drive every few years.. hah ha ha.

maddie said...

can i come work for your company?

Terry said...

Shell, Sorry your BOSSES give you so much grief. Mine probably would if I had to deal with him daily. Good thing about Truckin is I never have to see any of them :)