Feb 15, 2008

Dating Woes

No, this is not a post about me whining and pouting because I have not met that certain someone. Au contraire, mon ami. Lets face it, I do have options. I just choose to be particular. For example, I have several customers on my route who would love to "love" me each and every week. But I have set limitations to my socialization with customers. But still, there is potential there to have long distance relationships. I just choose not to.

So, this week Superman calls me and asks how I have been doing. I remarked that I had been through a depressed spell for quite sometime and was working my way out of it. He suggests we get together some weekend and hang out, as friends. That actually did not sound like a bad idea. I mean, I like the guy in low doses... Just not as a potential mate, too much going on there. But as a social acquaintance, well sure!

So, immediately he begins this onslaught of texts and calling. By the second day, I came up with an excuse as to why we couldn't get together this weekend. See, I thought he seriously meant as friends. Obviously, that was not his intention. You see, ever since I rendered my excuse, he has been texting silly messages and coaxing me to reply. I did, once or twice. But then he asks the fatal question , " Wouldn't you like to call in sick to work from now on and just work on the next 20-30 years?" I asked what this meant and he replied , "That means you should pack all your stuff and move in with me."

Oh Dear!! I think he misunderstood my depression remark. I have not been depressed over our termination of relationship. In fact, I could not get out of that quick enough. I have just been blue. I think he may have got his hopes up that I wanted to date him again... Ummmm nooo!

2 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

And don't forget the foul language.
This guy is not for you as a friend or otherwise.
Mama Bear

Oh and I run the same way you do. A little running and a little speed walking but I stop at 3 miles.
Mama Bear

Terry said...

Mama Bear, I didn't know you started running.. Good For You :)