May 17, 2009

You Give Love A Bad Name

Okay, maybe it is not love that you are wreaking havoc upon...But perhaps, it is my love of the Trucking Industry.  I do my best to be a valuable asset to my fleet. I try to portray a positive impression of drivers to those who are unaware of what we deal with on a daily basis. I love my job, I love my Industry..But YOU......I am having a tremendously hard time dealing with you!


No, not you!  I adore you!!

The You in this situation happens to be any commercial driver who shows a lack of skills or a lack of knowledge, disregard, discourtesy, or just complete lack of attention. The ones who make bad judgement calls and never think twice about it. I am not talking about the new kids on the block, after all, we all had to start somewhere. I am however, referring to the ones who are not paying attention to what is going on around them and make some sort of  asinine maneuver that reminds the car drivers why they hate us so.  For Pete's sake, you are representing ME, and I do not appreciate the way you are doing so!

Today, while cruising down the interstate, I stumbled upon a hasty brake check. Four wheelers were vying for safe terrain as a certain white Freightliner comes to a grinding halt in the left lane. This was completely unexpected, as there was nothing in front of him. Confused by this action, I continue to gaze upon the situation in bewilderment as I notice trouble beginning to brew. And what to my wondering eyes should appear.... A left turn signal.... Normally this would not cause me any amount of concern. Many drivers have been guilty of allowing the indicator to flash a few hundred times too many. But this time, I was absolutely stupefied.

Please.....please don't do what I think you are going to do....Hey Buddy, the four wheelers are watching......Noooooooooooooooo !!!!!

Yep, you guessed it. The truck continued to slow as it approached one of the slabs of asphalt that cut through the median. You know the ones, designated for emergency vehicles only (the kind with all the flashing lights and sirens). This bozo was seriously going to attempt the U-turn. I was cringing at he continued to fulfill his proposed intention. In fact, they were several of us cringing, and several more dodging for clearance as cars  continued to scramble around this idiot. A few of us ended up driving down the shoulder of the road to allow everyone safe clearance.

I will never understand what on earth possesses folks to make such idiotic decisions...It is illegal..It is extremely unsafe...and it makes the rest of us responsible drivers look like idiots as well..   Ughhhhhh!!

7 comments:

doomytunes said...

Well said.

Indy said...

GerDay Terry,
You already know my views on such things however I am posting a note to publicly support your views. Sort of reminds me of a collaborative video I once watched that was the creative genius of someone I regard very highly, actually! Hahahaha :-)

Season said...

Did you blow your horn at him? LOL! It must be extremely frustrating for you. I would probably feel the same way if I was in your profession.

Love Bears All Things said...

Yesterday, on the news: A trucker responsible for several murders in different states. Giving Trucking a bad name.
I know there are very good people trucking. My Daddy was one. He used to tell me that if I got in trouble on the road, I could rely on a truckers help. I'm not sure he'd say that today.
Have a great day, my friend,
Mama Bear

The Wondering Brit said...

I guess I just better apologize now then :(

lol

Keith said...

That's just crazy. I have never seen that stunt before. Since there's no lifeguard at the gene pool I just call it job security.

John said...

Preach it, Sister!