May 23, 2009

One is the Magic Number

I recently recall pleading for just ONE week of trucking with no issues, and much to my surprise, I got it...I ran a Texas load that week.


The next week, I found myself camping out in New Hampshire  while Frankentruck went through some more repairs....

I then decided to ask for two consecutive weeks of no worries. But it looks like ONE is the only option available to me at this time...I suppose I really shouldn't complain too much, as I am never stranded.  I normally diagnose the symptoms before they actually become major problems. This alleviates any wait time I may have otherwise been forced to endure sitting on the shoulder of the interstate.

Well...Can you guess what I am about to tell you?  Oh come on, be more specific.  I bet you cant guess which part of the truck needs to be repaired. 

That's okay! I will be happy to share. It seems I may have a broken motor mount.  If I feather the throttle, there is no indication of anything wrong, but if you want to test out my theory, just get in a traffic jam and try to close the door on someone who raced up in the lane beside you only to cut you off at the last minute....Ummmm...Okay, what I meant to say was, if you apply fast hard pressure to the fuel petal, you will feel a certain amount of "slack" give way followed by a loud "clunk" noise. Again, if you remove your foot from the throttle, you will feel the same thing. As long as you are gentle, you will never notice it..... Don't know how long it may have been this way, but I did notice my truck does not recover from the potholes of New England as well as it should.  Could be the slight rocking of the motor???  Differential?? Universal joints??  Anyway, there is slack, and there is noise...Clunk!!!

Well, you will be very proud to know that when I wrote up the repair request, I used my best blonde wig and simply said. " There is a funny loud noise when you put your foot on the thingy..." (coooo, giggle, cooooo, smile, bat eyelashes).......They found the noise and I will be borrowing Maggie for next weeks adventure.....

Seems to be a good time to get 1) the inverter replaced   and   2) the leaking brake valve on the dash replaced.  Or I could just save that for another time. Say after I have had ONE good week in the truck!  LOL.....

1 comment:

doomytunes said...

I know the feeling. My brand new 2010 Volvo had me in the shop in springdale, ar this week.