May 6, 2009

Better Already

This is the view from my motel room window at about 10 am this morning. Within moments, the blue succumbed. Weather forecast predicts a few days of rain here in southern New Hampshire....


Blech!

Made it back to the shop to check on Frankentruck's progress. Parts had not been delivered yet, so I am trying to get  comfortable. Notified the customer of my continued delays. All is good. 

Got a little more vindication when a fellow driver called me. He is driving Maggie this week! He proceeded to alert me to the fact that every horrible thing I have ever said about that truck is absolutely true.  Ummmm, I guess this means they will fix her now....  Not really my concern, but after having several mechanics treat me as if I had no idea of what I was talking about, it is good to know that a MAN was able to confirm my concerns... I was beginning to think that I was just being paranoid. But now, it seems all my previous diagnosis have proven to be completely accurate!!  You have no idea how good that makes me feel!  Yep, even without the blue skies, I am feeling so much better!  



They are still trying to peek out on occasion, so there is hope for that too!!

6 comments:

AuburnTrucker said...

I am going home. What a great feeling.

Anonymous said...

Would think that it would be more than a little frustrating to have Maggie corrected now because of a "man"'s word but I don't want to rain on you any more than is already happening where you are! I'm glad that you are taking it in stride and finding the humor in it. Enjoy your comforts away from home and get back safe.
The Kid

The Wondering Brit said...

I'm sure there are more than enough men to correct you if you're ever wrong ;-)

One serious difference, is that a guy is far more likely to take a torque wrench to the Fitter giving him the BS.
That's not to say a lady wouldn't, but the guys are generally more ready to.
(said with tongue in cheek)

Indy said...

Isn't being totally vidicated a great feeling? :-)

Mind you, I had absolute faith in your diagnosis anyway!

Unknown said...

Well, you know my feelings on this ;-). Vindication is sweet though.........

Gabby

Gary said...

well, of course they will listen to a man. they can see his lips move...