May 4, 2009

One Of THOSE Days!!


Well, I can honestly say that I will be thankful if and when the rain ever decides to subside. It seems to be affecting my mood rather dramatically.  


This morning, I woke up late and had to endure unloading my first 3 stops in the rain. That makes for one soggy little trucker. Add in the spring ride action, the constant loss of traction (which can be a bit unnerving at times) and the excruciating headache that I have seemed to develop from brooding all day, and I am definitely not in a good mood.

I think the headache and the brooding are the worst of my dilemmas, as I deal with the rest on a normal basis. But I do not often get headaches, and it is not often a complete stranger can unintentionally hurt my feelings via email. Okay, maybe not a complete stranger, but not someone near and dear to me, in fact, I have never met this person, other than on those wonderful Interwebs I was just praising only a few days ago.

OH! Did I mention that I had a horrible nightmare last night...Ohmy!!  I was kidnapped and they had every intention of killing me..Just a few seconds before my own death, a sniper guns down the assailant and literally blows his brains out before my eyes.  How Strange. I do not remember watching anything violent recently, so I have no idea where this came from. I do often suffer nightmares involving heartbreak or abandonment, but never murder and death!  And, I do have an extremely vivid imagination, so when I woke up this morning, I was still trying to wipe the gore off of my face.

Sigh.... I think I am in desperate need of a weekend getaway!  Maybe a beach trip?  I think I have said that recently, I suppose now would be a good time to book a room!  

Oh and Gabby......I have been in the rain for 8 days now? How about you? Okay there was a small hole on Thursday that sparkled, but yeah...8 stinkin days!! NO wonder my mood is intolerable!!

7 comments:

John said...

I sure hope the rain lets up for you soon. I know driving like that really brings me down as well. May showers in Ohio look fairly likely so far.

Unknown said...

{{{{Sorry}}}} about all the rain, sometimes being a truckdriver just bites when we can't pull the blinds to shut out the world. It's getting to me too (although you already know that from my tweets). Got to see the sun for all of 15 minutes today then it was back to gloom & doom.

Gabby

Anonymous said...

Okay, lil trucker, repeat after me, "Blue skies will return, blue skies will return." Otherwise, Excedrin works best for my bad headaches. Hang in there, the trips gotta be close to over.
The Kid

OneSillyTrucker said...

Yea, I hate it when complete strangers do that. Like they know you or something...Have a great day Terry

Indy said...

Scnitzenkrugen!!!!

Was that YOU sitting in the corner in that photo? You poor little possum .... errrrrr ...... wallaby .... errrr trucker!! :-)

Never mind, I am sure with all your fans barracking (Aussie equivalent to the American term rooting) for you, things will be on the mend!

Besides, once Frankintruck gets his new Turbo and the regeneration thingo happens, the headaches will evaporate!

My thoughts are with you, Sunshine! :-) Not much else a bloke can do a couple of oceans and a few continents away! Hahahaha Come to think of it, even WITHOUT the oceans and continents I am not sure there's much ANY of us can do except be supportive and you ALREADY have that! :-)

Terry said...

Thanks John!! Glad I am not the only one. I will send you some blue skies when I find them!!

Gabby, I got about 15 minutes this morning, but the rain has set in here also, hopefully I will find sunshine heading home later today!! Or at least some stars!!

Hey Kid.....Do you realise how blue the sky is after not seeing it for days at a time..Amazing, caught a glimpse this morning.....*repeating, blue skies will return*

OneSillyTrucker, Yeah, I think people get familiar with the details you expose on the internet and assume they know all there is to know. Often times, people are extremely different in person. I think I do reveal a large amount of myself on my blog, but to know me in person, is quite a different story. This blog is only a small portion of who I am.

Gary said...

8 days of rain bothering you? i'd better retract my invitation to come up here for a trip...