May 1, 2009

Dont Ya Just Love The InterWebs

So really..I got nothing....Don't get me wrong, I have things to say , I just have a lack of enthusiasm.


I had a delightful time last week, venturing west into Texas.  I had the opportunity to meet up with fellow truckdriver/runner/blogger Gabrielle. She was such a delight and we enjoyed a nice chat and meal. Such a lovely lady. I also had the pleasure of meeting her husband, if only for a brief moment. I sincerely hope to meet up with her again soon. Too bad she lives so far away, I think she would be great for motivating me back into running. 

I also had close encounters with one of the Famous Youtube Truckers. Tex of 593Films. However, it was not meant to be. We arranged for a meeting  and a meal, but due to conflicts with his work schedule, we had to postpone until another date. Good thing, too. He rang me at a later time and alerted me to the fact that I had just barely dodged a twister. It was traveling through the area we had determined to be our destination. In fact, he was watching it through his mirrors as he drove towards home.

I did get to meet up with another Youtuber, and had a pleasant chat and a meal just a few hours from the homestead, so that was nice.

Finally, I had arranged to meet yet another Famous Youtube Trucker, OneSillyTrucker and his dog Jack. But once again, duty got in the way. He got a good load and with this economy, he just couldn't refuse. So, because he lives locally, I know we will bump into each other eventually. 

This weeks entertainment was basically provided courtesy of the Interwebs..... Isn't it wonderful how our reach and influence is far greater than what it used to be. There are so many terrific people out there..Hopefully, I will be able to meet a few  more. Until then, I will search for more enthusiasm, as this post seems to be a bit lacking.

Oh YEAH, I almost forgot..Heading back to NYC next week!! YAY!!


5 comments:

Indy said...

Yup! It even reaches across a couple of oceans and a continent or three!

Ahhhhhhhh! The marvels and wonders of modern technology - yet you can't bloody well get the correct part for your computer power supply (I refer to your earlier post on the issue)!!!!!

I reckon I would dearly love to meet you, Gabby, Tex and I would really love to meet Jack - oh ... and Onesillytrucker!

OneSillyTrucker said...

Thanks for the shout out Terry, I'm sure we will cross pathes eventually. Have a safe trip to NYC...."I would really love to meet Jack - oh ... and Onesillytrucker!...Gee thanks Indy
.

doomytunes said...

Hey now that I know that more than one person reads my blog I decided to update it. The web has made our trucking community smaller for sure.

Gary said...

i can remember when being able to find an atm machine that you could actually use was the height of technology for a driver...

Tex said...

wOOt! I appreciate the mention on your blog Terry... Come on back this way and I'll buy you that BIG burger!