May 5, 2009

You Get What You Ask For

Recently I have uttered one simple request. Well, screamed it at the top of my lungs would be more like it. The desire was simple. "I would like to go to work for just ONE WEEK with no truck issues !!"


Holy Cow!  I actually got what I asked for. I do not recall one single issue arising last week. I had a wonderfully wet journey into Texas and other than participating in a roadside inspection by Mississippi's Finest, the week was uneventful (at least in a derogatory way).

This weeks journey had a slight grey tint cast upon it with the continued rain and spring ride trailer, but nothing really to actually complain about. And I am not fussing right now, as I sit here in Manchester, New Hampshire, awaiting Frankentrucks release from the clutches of  the mechanics. I am thankful that there was a Volvo Service Center so close by. My truck has decided to not perform the routine regeneration that is required. If left untouched,  the system would eventually disable the truck and I would have been stranded on the side of the highway. Six hundred miles past the initial request for regen, I would not have made it very far!

The repairs are expected to be completed in about 2 hours and then I have one delivery left to complete in a nearby neighborhood!  That customer unloads well in to the night, so no worries! Tomorrow, I will make one more pick up of accumulated scrap and head for bluer skies (I hope).

You know, I think I should really be more careful about what exactly I am asking for......along with having my inverter repaired, I would like to go to work for TWO weeks with no truck issues.

Of course, I will let you know how that turns out!  

Ugh ! 9 days and counting.....Rain Rain Go AWAY!!!!!!!

EDIT:  I have just been informed that this is not necessarily a regen problem, but rather a turbo/turbo actuator problem.....Meaning an overnight stay is possible.....Oh man...When I was in the Chatanugget shop a few weeks ago, I had them check the turbo because it was making odd noises, similar to those made when a turbo is ready to blow.. The noises were minimal and persisted even though I was given a clean bill of health on that particular issue.... See, Indy, sometimes I do know what I am talking about!! I think I mentioned TURBO to you several weeks ago, and now it has come to fruition!!  

RE~EDIT: I am now sitting at the Super 8 in lovely Manchester, New Hampshire, drinking a tolerable cup of java. Parts have been ordered and I should be rolling again by lunch tomorrow. I still have one last delivery to make and the boss has cancelled my scrap pick-up so I can have some sort  of a weekend off. At this point, it could be as late as noon on Friday before I get home. BUT, once again I feel very vindicated because I did mention that I thought my turbo was having problems 3 weeks ago....I am not losing my mind!!  

6 comments:

OneSillyTrucker said...

I hope things get better for you Terry

Anonymous said...

lil Trucker, are you sure Volvo is the truck for you? Probably what your company has but man, seems like a lot of problems. Sending you good thoughts for bluer skies!
The Kid

Indy said...

Seriously, folks! She really did mention concerns she had that the turbo was about to .... go scnitzenkrugen (I love that word, Terry - thanks for putting me on to it) ... at least 3 weeks ago!

I guess you love the job nd that brand of truck comes with it, co it is a no brainer! I'll swap you Volvo for Task Force!!!!!!!!! Hahahahaha

Indy said...

Man! There's about 3 typos in my last ... all in para 2!

Terry said...

Thanks Jimmy..I dont let too much stress me, so I am actually enjoying my visit!

HilmarKid, Would you believe the last Volvo (not the last truck) but a different model and year) was not too bad. Company owns a Volvo dealership so no hope of getting away from it!

Indy, I dont think my charms would work on your task force, so I best be keeping me truck!

doomytunes said...

Uhm.. you drive a Volvo so yeah one week is too much to ask. I know from experience. My first run in my 2010 vovlvo My 5th wheel wouldn't slide and the shop asked me if I had read the manual. My reply was not very pleasant. Long story short They got it to move and I haven't read the shogun sized manual yet.