May 3, 2009

Have I mentioned Consistency ??

Oh Boy....


And just for the record, this has nothing to do with Frankentruck's performance. Although, I do believe he has another issue brewing, to go along with the non-functioning inverter. But I refuse to mention it until it becomes a fact.

I almost have to laugh, in fact, I am laughing. I have mentioned in this here blog on occasion, that it seems every time I get the NYC trip, it is always precariously loaded onto a spring ride trailer. When this week's loads were distributed, I spoke with my wing man AA and he stated that over the past few months while he has been delivering my beloved route, he has not once had to pull a spring ride trailer.He ventured an assumption to think that maybe they had finally realized just how much damage this causes to the aluminum when pulling it over the treacherous roads heading into New England.

Wrong!!

This week, my friends, I was not surprised to find that once again, my load was situated in a hazardous fashion along the belly of the beast. One of our antiquated spring ride trailers.

I believe that  I have stated before that consistency does account for something.. Hey, at least there were no surprises this week...Not yet!!  I am sitting in Philadelphia, awaiting the dawning of  a new day.  After today's workout, just trying to remain upright in the drivers seat, I think I will test out the Duct Tape theory tomorrow!  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Owww, spring ride trailers +east coast roads...My back is aching in sympathy for you. Fortunately because I haul automotive it's extremely rare that I see one of those beasts.

The Wondering Brit said...

They still use springs? I thought all old trailers had been converted.

Love Bears All Things said...

Did the loaders know whose load it was?
Mama Bear

Anonymous said...

mam bear has a point, i think...