Aug 7, 2008

The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

IS RED!!! That's right, I am seeing RED.....

You would not even begin to believe ...... Oh NO REALLY.... It just keeps going there, further and further down into the cess pools of .....

Okay, let me start over...



I was able to head out after a bit of grumbling Sunday... Spare Truck... Actually, it was good ol Maggie.. Remember her? Click HERE to watch her video.

Made it to all my stops, delivered and headed home. Only 1200 miles to go at 61mph.. I am sorry, but it is just not in my temperament to be able to handle this gracefully. Especially when the speed limits are 65 and 70 and courtesy has all but vanished. I AM THAT HATEFUL DRIVER IN THE SLOW TRUCK... WHAT ARE YOU STARING AT????? (It finally broke me and my lovely disposition is in dire need or revival)

So you would think that my next cell phone conversation would have cheered me up.

Okay, lets start at the end of it and work our way backwards....

"Hey Bossman, you know, since I have not asked in a week or two, have you heard anything else about having our governors lifted?"

"Why YES, Little Trucker, we are having the trucks turned back UP next Saturday Morning"

This is where I should be all elated, right? So what is the dealy-yo??? *wink wink*

Well, the first part of the conversation went a little something like this..

Is my truck fixed?

NO

WHY

Someone is driving it.

What was the point of me leaving it, if not to have it repaired. And someone is driving it, with MY personal belongings in it. The security guard even told me that certain someone driving my truck was looking for a place to dump all the girl stuff that was left in it... WTF?? Hey buddy, get your paws off my underoos!! That is still my truck.

I think this week, I will forcefully reclaim it and personally spend the time to have it repaired en route......

Who cares if they are turning them back up.. I have officially lost all respect for these guys. I hate my job now! Thankyousoverymuch !!






3 comments:

Liöüx said...

[gasp]

I would be soooo LIVID!!!

Terry said...

I was Lioux.... er...AM!!

I felt a little reprieve while chatting with a new friend, but after he said goodbye, the tunnelvision became overwhelming...

Makes for a long 23 hour drive when you are being fueled with fury!!

AtHomeDaddy said...

Ouch.

I mean after all, he could have just driven up to the peep show in New Jersey if he really wanted to see your underwear, right?