Aug 30, 2008

Would Someone Please Shoot Me

Man oh man, what a fun filled day I have had.....

It all started on Sunday really, by taking the Ohio Route.. I did really well with it and made excellent time getting home.

I have got soooo many things going on right now and decided I could use some extra cash, so I volunteered to work Friday and Saturday.....

I was supposed to deliver a Tuscaloosa Friday morning, but the loading crew couldn't get it ready, so I ended up delivering it that afternoon....I wasn't really prepared to waste the whole day on this trip, but I did get almost two full days at the house before taking off with it.

I was then dispatched on a new account we are trying to pick up... My Boss tells me to head down to Columbus on Friday for an 8:30 am pick-up and then proceed to the coast for delivery...

Around 8pm Thursday night I receive a phone call saying my appointment had been changed to 6am... I am not so much a morning person, but with a 6am appointment....I had to get up and moving by 4am.....4 AM......

I make it on time, sitting at the dock by 6am, but then had to wait until 8am to make the run.....Grrrrrrrrr!!!

So, I head out and make it 78 miles before losing most of my braking power...Nearly blew through a red light, but I managed to get it stopped...I just couldn't get it rolling again afterwards..So, I spent the next hour making phone calls and checking for air leaks and inspecting brakes.... Could not find anything wrong..... Finally noticed my air line (pig tail) was kinked... Grrrrrrrr!! Problem solved.

Make it to the delivery, which was 350 miles north of the Coast by lunchtime....Couldn't get in the gate. Rang every buzzer to be found, waited, buzzed, waited, buzzed...No phone number on the bills and it is Saturday, so no one in the office.... Grrrrrrrr...

I did manage to have lunch with my Brother.....

You know what, I am sitting here reading this and I hate it when people fuss......So, enough said!! I think it might be time to schedule a little vacation.

Okay, another vacation!!

4 comments:

Sally said...

Maybe this will lift your spirits a bit...there's an award for you over on my blog. =)

Kathy said...

Hi Terry, I'm Kathy from Missouri and married to a truck driver. I use to go with him all over the US but he has signed on to a Company out of Kansas City and travels mainly in the midwest so now I stay at home. I learned a lot when I use to go on the road with him, and it was great seeing parts of the US you wouldn't normally see. Ah, appointment times - if the warehouses would spend some time as a truck driver they might do things differently - or maybe not. I admire you for taking on this occupation, I didn't mind going along but wanted no part of driving. Good luck and I'll be checking back in from time to time to see how your doing.

Be safe out there.

Anonymous said...

Yes you DO need vacation!

Terry said...

Hi Kathy, thanks for stopping by!! This industry has actually treated me very well! I enjoy the driving about as much as the scenery! Thankfully I don't have to fool with warehouse much being as I am on a dedicated route. That weeked route was for another account and completely vonluntary!

Stop by anytime!!

HEY CECE, I am going to Disney World for Christmas!!! wooooo hooooo!!