Aug 2, 2008

Divine Intervention

Normally, I leave out on Saturday Nights..... I have a long drive ahead and its best to get a jump on the week.

Lately (about 4-6 weeks) I have been feeling a bit out of sorts.. Loss of appetite, disorientation, short term memory loss, paranoia, extreme exhaustion, and vehemently angry mood swings... Rage, if you will.

I have been wondering if all of this could be a result of the enormous amounts of stress I have been feeling recently at work. My neck and shoulders have been knotted up as well, so I assumed the rest was possibly a direct result too.

This past weekend, I had to cancel a family trip due to the fact that when I got in my car to drive, I was completely disoriented....So, I turned around after 30 minutes and headed back home...I just couldn't risk it...It would have been a 4+ hour drive.

Tonight, when heading out for work, I felt 100% normal. I loaded up my truck and grabbed my trailer. That is when I noticed the unmistakable smell of diesel exhaust. I had two other drivers sniff around my truck and both agreed that there was a leak. I had intended on leaving with it anyway and finding a shop. I reported this leak six weeks ago, and a clamp was tightened. Obviously the leak was not fully repaired. But the other drivers strongly encouraged me to go home and wait it out.

I made all the appropriate calls and headed home. After about an hour, the Boss calls me back and says, "Take the spare, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it."

So, I load back up and headed for the shop. I got the keys and guess what.... It was D E D.... Dead!! Only 8.7 volts, not even enough to pretend like it was going to crank. So, I called the boss. He said have the mechanic come jump it.... The mechanic lives an hour and a half away, and by this time it is 11pm.....

No thanks.

He is going to meet me in the morning...I just can't justify leaving at 1am, when I could sleep in my own bed.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, during my first attempt to leave, the handle used to raise the dolly legs broke off. So I did not even fully attach to the trailer before calling it off for the night.

So, is it just me, or does it seem like maybe there was a reason I should not be driving down the highways tonight...

After all, I made three attempts to head out and was unsuccessful at every turn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I'd had such a day as that, I'd just went home, pulled the sheets over my head and hid for a week. Be safer for the rest of the world that way... ;)

Love Bears All Things said...

I think you were being guided to call it off. We want you in one piece, girl, so go with your instinct from now on.
I just watched your last video. I love them, makes me feel so much a part of your life.
Mama Bear

Mike said...

Better sleeping in your own bed than sniffing diesel exhaust for another 1000 miles.

John said...

I agree with all the above. Better safe than sorry about running over that school bus, boss.