Aug 18, 2008

What a Day!

After arriving home from my weekend excursion, I had a relatively short amount of time to get ready for work, with all the truck swapping going on.. And in the rain, no less.

I made good time Sunday and after a long nights rest, I began my weekly deliveries.

The first customer opens at 6am....But the forklift driver was late.... VERY LATE. And unfortunately for me, they made me wait on him because no one else was certified to drive the forklift. This location has at least 50 employees, but only one man is certified?! Grrrrrrr....

So I ended up getting unloaded around 9am. The next two Jersey stops came off with no troubles and it was time to cross the Hudson River.. Traffic was flying across the bridge. I had high hopes at this point, to make up for some lost time....Until I turned towards Long Island.....2.5 hour delay.... Left lane closed for street cleaning, middle lane closed for broke-down Six-Wheeler and right lane closed for construction...All within a quarter mile stretch....

So, I am stuck in New York tonight....That throws my whole schedule off for the week. I had appointments in Mass for tomorrow that I might not make. Meaning I won't get home until Thursday Night...

But at least I have come to a few conclusions..........

10 comments:

Sally said...

Eek, that means it's 11pm, and I just texted you...sorry. I haven't been able to get on the computer til now...and it's only 8pm on the west coast.

Anonymous said...

I would love to be stuck in NY for one night. Um, w/o having to haul a loaded truck, that is. lol

Tamarack said...

"But at least I have come to a few conclusions.........."

That you really love trucking because of its surprises?

That if you stopped you would really miss it?

That you long for the road and you might as well go long haul/OTR?

That family does matter but the mistress(Mister??)called the road has her/his nails dug deep into your flesh and it would be too painful at this point in your life to try and pull away?

Liöüx said...

I LOVE NEW YORK!

But not being stuck there though.

Sister Kisser®™©™ just played there, and we have another show on the Lower East Side coming up.

Terry said...

That's okay Sally, my text messages are set to vibrate.... Thanks so much!!

CECE, you and me both girlfriend!! NO TRUCKS!!

Lioux, if only I could get close to the Lower East Side...

TAMARACK...Am I that open of a book, that you read me sooo well! You score a perfect 100!!! But not the conclusions I have resolved at this time. Those were just the hidden truths behind it all!

Unknown said...

ugh, must have been the week for layovers. I had to wait until Wed. morning for my trailer at Laredo, then got tagged for a random drug test. What fun....

Makes you feel all out of sorts when the schedule gets out of whack (I'm so spoiled right now)

Terry said...

Gab, I got popped 6 times in a row for the random thing....Okay, so I am a little nuts, but clean!!!

My week actually fell back into place Tuesday Morning when my Queens Customer agreed to meet me at 6am... They don't open until 8!! But Jimmy is great and knew I had multiple deadlines to make.So he put me back on schedule!

I have been spoiled for 7 years.. Now why is it I am considering leaving??

John said...

I hate running late more than anything. I go to church by myself cause no one else is ready when it's time to leave. I can't imagine running late and then dealing with NY traffic on top of it. I might be balder than I already am.

GoGo said...

A vote for Bob Dole is a vote for freedom

Terry said...

Ha, I prefer chiquita.....