Aug 7, 2008

Lettin It ALL Hang Out

Monday Morning....aug 4th

Rancocas, New Jersey

First Delivery of the week.

The setting is an inside dock platform, trailer to be unloaded with an overhead crane.

I managed to get backed in, opened the trailer and unstrapped the merchandise. I am crawling all over the load and have broken a sweat as of 7:02 am.... Too early to be gettin hawt!!

I begin to notice that the dock is literally swarming with employees who seem to be whispering amongst themselves. This is fairly normal for me. There are not too many little female flatbedders in my customer line-up.

I have only been to this particular customer a handful of times over the past 7 years, so I am still quite the novelty to them.

But they are lingering a bit longer than normal, and grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

I f i n a l l y notice (I am a bit slow) that my 6 button shirt has only 2 buttons fastened. The bottom two.

I should have known right then that this was NOT going to be a good week.

At least their week got off to a good start.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Eeek!!!!!!!! I miss my company uniform shirts but not the snap closures on some of them. It always kind of worried me that I'd catch them on something and pop, pop, pop there'd go the buttons (had happened a couple of times but thankfully when nobody else was around, whew!).

Terry said...

Yeah, the buttonholes are frayed a bit, so the buttons slid right out... Eeeeek!! is right. I have two other shirts with frayed buttonholes, guess I just forgot to check that one. Luckily this has never happened at one of my weekly regulars!