Jul 6, 2007

It's The End Of The World As We Know It......

And I feeeeeeeeel fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnneeeeee.


Every Friday morning, at 8am, I receive a phone call from Homer confirming my delivery route for the week.

For years, it was always questionable as to which route I would be hauling. More often than not, it was my beloved trip to the NE. Then, when the Fisherman abandoned ship, the money load undeniably became my baby!

So, the Friday morning call became more or less just a courtesy...


This morning, at 8:02 am, the phone rings..."We are down to you." says Homer...

"huh??"

"It is your turn!" he replies.

"Wha??"

"Your trip is taken!! You need to pick something else!..."

"Who.... what........Huh??"

"JH took your trip! "

"Holy Happy Cows!! This guy does not do New York! What is up with that?" I respond in disbelief.

I am still reeling from the shock, but life goes on... Every good thing must come to an end eventually, right?? Let's hope not! JH has taken the load before, but usually he will brave the concrete jungle once and then steer clear for many moons... So, I am hoping that will be the case this time as well.

But!!, on the other hand....maybe it is time for me to stick a little closer to the house...I mean, you know, now that there is someone lurking about.

The change will not affect my income, which is a good thing! I will deliver a quick Alabama run on Monday and then proceed to New Jersey later in the week... I will be pulling a Crane Trailer, which actually pays more due to the fact that the driver has to operate a crane to unload it... Yes, I am multi-talented!

I will post pictures next week of the Crane Trailer, as I am sure you have never seen one before. I had never seen one until I began hauling for the Aluminum C0.. It is actually pretty neat... You would be surprised as to what all is traveling down the interstates if you could see inside the trailers!!

Oh, did I mention.... My first delivery this week will be in Bachelor Number One's hometown...

9 comments:

Mike said...

Be sure and stop by and say hi to his mom and dad. They will like that

And Bach #1 will think it is special, not stalky at all.

Terry said...

Right!! Sure!! hey are you trying to set me up or what? I smell a rat.....

lioux said...

Awesome!

Sizzle Pizzle said...

is his name really homer?

Love Bears All Things said...

Well, that must mean he is in Alabama, right? Keep us posted, this is so cool.
Mama Bear

Terry said...

Oh NO, Siz.... We call him Homer, because if there ever was a for real version of Homer Simpson, this man is it.... Looks, mentality, the whole package.....

Mama Bear, He is actually on the Bama/GA state line... Not any closer to Hunstville, and I know this does not coincide with my moving home plans, but he is a great fit for my life right now!!!

Ginger said...

Details! I want details! I will be online on Friday and Saturday and I would like to chat and here the Details!

*~*Cece*~* said...

I totally dig that you drive trucks! Awesome!

Bachelor #1, eh?

Sally said...

Ok, Miss Terry...Bach #1 must be keeping you VERY busy b/c we haven't heard from you in a while...what's up??