Jul 25, 2007

Dirty Bastages

It is time I fill you in on the latest happenings with the current employer.

There is only 10 days left until the contract changes hands and YES!!, I am very excited about this. This present employer and Co. is acting very vindictive and um.... childish.. This includes HOMER!!

Rumor has it that they are currently seeking any excuse to FIRE all remaining drivers who are transferring to the new company. With only 10 days left, you might be wondering WHY??

The contract ends on August 4th.. If an employee works one day of the new month, he/she has to be covered on the insurance plan for the entire month.. Hence, if we are all fired, said Employer will not be responsible for covering us that month and therefore save a tiny bundle of money..

We have been warned by the New Employer as well as by the Aluminum Co, to be on our best behavior! To NOT give the departing bosses any reasonable excuse to dismiss us.
However (the new employer) did reassure us that if we were fired, they would find us work for that week.

BTW.. If I get fired before August 2, I will be responsible for repaying all of the paid vacation time I have redeemed this year.. That's 5 days, at $168.50 per day...So, you can see why this might have me a bit concerned....

And as for Homer....

Sunday we had a scheduled driver's meeting with the New Employer... In order to attend this meeting, I would subsequently be late for my first delivery on Monday morning...I called Homer to have him notify the Alum Co of this delayed delivery...

After explaining the situation the phone line goes quiet.... Homer then states, " I don't give a damn about your meeting! As far as I am concerned, you need to be on Long Island Monday morning!! If you cannot do this, I will give the load to another driver and you can just take the week off.. Furthermore, If you are late, then consider yourself terminated!!"

Um, okay.... I guess you know where I was Monday morning...

The ironic part is that when Homer had a scheduled drivers meeting, he would tell us it was mandatory and threaten to fire us for NOT showing up.. The meeting would always end up being based on useless information that we, the drivers, were already aware of...Therefore causing me to be late for no good reason, making my week a bit more difficult...

On a side note.... I am planning to get a picture of him.. Just to show you how similar to the real Homer he is.. And yes, I do have his permission....

No comments: