Jun 23, 2007

Weekend Update Part Two



On with the show...




So Saturday morning, my alarm clock walks in and tells me it is time to rise and shine.. Thanks Daddy!!




Normally on weekends , I have every desire to sleep in as late as possible and am unable to...This morning however, I did not want to budge.. But the entire family is going to turn out to this event, so I proceed to get ready...




I arrived at the designated location and proceeded to prepare for the race. The crowd is not as large, but I did however notice that these were very dedicated runners.. (I think I will stick with the charity events in the future.. Those participants are not so competitive)...





I managed to start nicely, even passing a few people ... There was a huge hill to climb and holy smokes, do you people even realize just how far FIVE MILES is... I did not..!! I pooped out after the 3 mile marker... Lots of walking this time.. I did manage to complete the race right at 55 minutes, which is the goal I set for myself.... My nephew pointed out that I was in 165th place....The rest of the family even chimed in about the 8 and 78 year olds that significantly beat me......




My SIL pointed out that I could have probably finished a lot quicker if I had not stopped to flirt with all those Policemen, which were blocking traffic.. And yes, there were quite a few of them!!!




The experience was a good one, but I think I will stick with the 5ks for awhile, at least until I become competitive enough...




After the race, we perused the antique car show and I ran into a friend, whom I had not seen in years.. It was good to catch up with him...(more details to follow)




We then dined out for lunch and had a lovely family visit.




So that about sums it up.....( I should really post these things sooner, to capture the moment better.! Oh, well.......


5 comments:

maddie said...

you are my hero.

lioux said...

I don't even want to think about driving five miles, never mind running it!

Sally said...

I'm so impressed that you do these races...I'm WAY too imtimidated!

Terry said...

OH Lioux, I know where you are coming from..!! When I get home, I dont want to drive ANYWHERE!!

Thanks Shell!!

Sally, I was too, but Shell has given me lots of encouragement!!

Love Bears All Things said...

That's great, Terry!
Mama Bear