Jun 16, 2007

OnLine Dating??

I am almost embarrassed to admit this, but hey, this is a modern era and what better way to meet potential companions than on-line dating? Right? I mean, of course, after you weed out all the weirdos and pervos...

So a few weeks ago, I completed a profile on one such service and immediately begin receiving "Winks".... This of course, is part of the free service. To actually contact someone, you must pay a subscription fee. Okay, I'll Bite! (This is actually, my second attempt).

I guess, I could have just used MySpace or something similar, but hopefully with it being a paid service, the potential might be a tiny bit greater to actually connect with someone "normal".

So, I paid my dues and discovered I already had 7 emails awaiting my response...

This should be interesting.... Naturally, there are no immediately great candidates! But we will see...There are a lot of great profiles, but how truthful can they be.... I mean if the photo is a stock model shot from an ad agency, then WTF?

I am getting a lot of hits from older men. Hmmmm... Oh, no thanks!! There also seems to be alot of "I am so desperate to get over my EX, that I will date anyone" type of people. Once again, no thanks!!

And the big question seems to be, bluntly stated, "How much do you weigh?" From my previous experience, everyone seems to list their ideal number as opposed to their actual weight. To remedy this, I have posted several current pictures... Oh yeah, a lot of the photos on these profiles are taken at distances and outdated.

I am not putting a whole lot of faith into this, but it should be good for some laughs!!

So lets keep a running tally, shall we?

WEEK ONE: Profile Views: 171

Winks Received (just to let me know they are looking) : 10

Emails Received : 11



Okay, I think that is a good start. Maybe I will have some other statistics to post next week, like the number of profiles I am actually interested in chatting with... Wooo Hoooo. Wish me luck!!

5 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

I hope you went to eharmony or some reliable site. Have you visited,starshinereport. She is marrying someone she met there.
How's the not smoking coming these days?
Mama Bear

lioux said...

Good luck with all of this.

Ginger said...

And does anyone really want to begin a relationship with dishonesty? I can't belive they ask such superficial things as weight. I hope it goes well. Don't tell you-know-who.

Terry said...

Like I mentioned before, I am not taking any of this too seriously... Just more or less something to pass the time until I move!!

Sizzle Pizzle said...

Who cares how you meet? No different than meeting random guys in bars...

Keep us posted!