Jun 23, 2007

Weekend Update Part One

After driving 2800 miles and delivering 17 stops in 4 days, the weekend finally approached.. My weekend usually begins on Thursday.

This weekends adventure involved a trip to Bama for some quality time with the Bri-Baby and The Boy Wonder. Not to mention that 5 mile race over in my Father's little town.

I was originally scheduled to arrive at my Bro's house on Thursday and spend the night. On Friday, we (me and the kids) were to head over to my Fathers, which is at least an hour and a half away.

After driving 2800 miles and delivering 17 stops in 4 days, well, I just couldn't do it.

As a matter of fact, when I arrive home each week after my route is complete, I don't want to drive ten miles. Much less two hundred and ten. So, instead, I opted for cancelling the Thursday festivities...

Friday I headed over to Bama, and what should have been a 3.5 hour trip turned into a 4.5 hour nightmare. If it could happen, it did... I won't go into details, but there was several unnecessary delays involved and it really irked me.

So, I grab the kids and we cruise westward bound.. This time the trip was smooth sailing. However, the Wonder Boy did mention that the state speed limits should be increased because the trip was taking too long.

After unloading and a quick bite to eat, we decide to head out to the Skating Rink... Wooo hooo. I have not been skating in years!! We manage to get geared up and the Wonder Boy is off in a flash.. He is pretty good at it too, and even got involved in some of the games they play in the center of the rink, ie....limbo, hokey pokey etc....

The Bri-baby is not so experienced and required a little hand holding and lots of encouragement.. But she is a real trooper and made substantial progress before the night was over...We had a blast !!! And I only fell down 3 times!!

The third time I fell, and by far the most painful, I happen to be 3 feet from the off duty Policeman who was working security for the evening.. He helped me to my feet and inquired if I was okay. Batting my lashes, I sheepishly responded.... *flirt, flirt*

Later in the evening, I noticed that Mr Officer and moved to the end of the rink and was propped against the wall, surveying the crowd... As me and the Bri-baby neared his post, he would begin to make conversation with me (as we were 2 of only 4 adults present in the entire arena)... Naturally, I really turned on the charm.. Would you expect any less of me??

This continued on for several laps until Bri pulls me off to the side and quietly asks, " Why do you keep talking to the Policeman?"

I will mention here that earlier in the day, Bri had asked me if I was ever going to get married, because she wanted more cousins!!

So my response to Bri's questioning of why I was talking to the officer was a simple..."I thought you wanted me to get married!" to which she giggled hysterically......

All in all, it was a great night!! But falling down three times the night before a race.....quite possibly might have been poor judgement on my part!! OUCH, my butt hurts!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

No comments on Saturday and the 5 mile run, brothers, lunch, etc. or is that for a later post? (dad)

Larry

Sally said...

I can't wait til my nieces are old enough to take to the skating rink...I'll take the excuse to act like a kid again! Glad you had fun!

Love Bears All Things said...

Bring on Part 2!
Mama Bear

lioux said...

I can't wait for the sequel to this post.