Jun 20, 2007

Who Publishes This Crap?

I don't normally do book reviews, but upon finishing the one posted to the right... Well, I just have to say I can not believe this is a best seller...The story is trivial... The dialogue exchanges leave MUCH to be desired and even the characters names are misspelled through out the book..

Can I get a proofreader, please??

The premise of the book is based on deception between spouses...All is resolved in the end, but the characters resembled pre-teens throwing temper tantrums... The mid-twenties siblings even get involved in a knock down -drag out fight in front of the Pastor, who cheers them on!!

All the conversations end with the phrase "We need to talk"... But the dialogue ends there!!

So, if any of you have read this book...Family Blessings by Fern Michaels.. I would be curious to know what you think.....

EDIT: I have since changed the book, in the What I am Reading section... This post is based on Family Blessing, by Fern Michaels...

3 comments:

Sally said...

I've read other Fern Michaels books (I think), and I don't remember them being that bad...but I think I'll stay away from this one. Sounds terrible!!

Terry said...

There were other things that bothered me about this book.. Silly simple things, like "he ran as hard as he could and 12 minutes later...." he was only running a 3/4 mile stretch...Also, the pastor had wanted a dog his whole life and prayed each night to get one... Why did he not just go get one....Hmmmmm I suppose I am overreacting, but coming from the author of Pretty Woman, I really expected a lot more....

Am I really curious as to what others may have thought of this book... Am I being to harsh a critic??

Love Bears All Things said...

I don't remember this particular book but I'm sure I read it. I usually read these types of books after I've finished a really intense or technical book such as James Rollins or Lincoln Child might right. When I need a light, nonsense read.
This could have been one of her earlier ones, revamped. I find the earlier works of some of my favorite authors are not up to the later ones.