Jun 2, 2007

How Cool Is That?

I absolutely love the Internet. Especially because you are able to connect with people all over the world.. Why am I rambling about this you might ask.

Well, last week I received an email from a girl whom I attended high school with...

"Is That You??"

It was from my "Big Sister" back in the day. We played volleyball and basketball together. We attended the same school for several years together and her mother was one of my junior high teachers.

She actually lives only an hour away from my current location, which is ironic because we both grew up in Texas!

We exchanged a few emails, with girlish enthusiasm and I discovered she participates in her local community theatre... Sweeeeeet. The show finished up this weekend and I greedily snatched up a ticket to one of the final shows.

I made the hour drive and enjoyed watching a classic Broadway musical. A Fiddler On The Roof. She had a small part as Shaindel, the mother of Motel. And she did very well... Who knew she could sing?!

After the show finished, I met her backstage and spent some time catching up. It was soooooo much fun. She had told her cast mates I was coming, and they seemed just as excited as we were!!

During her break (I attended the matinee) we giggled and laughed.. She had brought old high school year books.... Those were the days of BIG HAIR and boy, did everybody have it!! We even discussed the whereabouts of several other friends we had made contact with thru the years. Including the resident long haired rock n' roll hoodlum who just absolutely loves his career in Law Enforcement.

Just before I left, the director came rushing in and announced that my Big Sister would be playing the lead role of Golde in the evening performance. How Exciting!! I wish I could have stayed to watch her shine in the spotlight, but that performance was sold out.

We plan to get together again very soon, when we have more time to kick back and chat. But I am just so tickled to have seen her again... "Break A Leg"

BTW: I am just crazy about community theatre and this once again stirred up my passion to perform.. Another reason to get out of the Truck soon. I want a normal life!!

Look JG, you made the blog!! hee hee

7 comments:

Ginger said...

What a small world it turns out to be. Did you know we had several community theatre type groups here in Huntsville (hint, hint)?

lioux said...

I've met some pretty cool people on the internets as well.

; )

Mike said...

OK, I just have to do it. I tried for a day not to, but here goes...

When you are on stage, you could sing this song...

I know a weenie man
he owns a hot dog stand
he sells most everything from hot dogs on down...

*~*Cece*~* said...

I love my internet friends! I've not only made the best friends ever but they're all (relatively) normal! lol

Are you still reading The Chill Factor? I've read that book & have enjoyed it!

Terry said...

Soon G sooon!!

Lioux, am I one of them?? Oh Puhleeze let me be one of them!!:)

Thanks Mike... You really started something.. in a matter of seconds I was singing DLR's version of Just a Gigolo.... Why you ask??
I went from the hot dog stand straight to the ice cream man, "Guaranteed to satisfy" which of course led to humilee bibbilee zibilee dobbilee humilee bibbilee zibilee BOP!! I 'm sooooooooo sad and loooooonely.. sad and lonely sad and lonely...... Thanks again!!

Cece, yes I am still reading this one.. Sometimes it takes me a bit longer to finish one.. It is a bit of a hazard to read while I am trolling down the highways. but OMG I have seen truck drivers do it!!:o...

Colleen said...

...and I've met cool people on the internets too! Say--a few years ago I wrote an article on lady truck drivers for BUST magazine. I didn't contact you for it, did I? That would make it a really small world.

Terry said...

No, Colleen... But I have been told I should pose for a lady truckers calendar!! I had another fellow invite me to participate in an article on Women working in a Male dominated career! I do travel thru Brooklyn quite often, but that is as small as our world gets..besides DYD!