Jun 7, 2007

Why Won't You Leave Me Alone ?!?

I don't know if I ever even mentioned this, but the Fisherman quit!! Well, actually he was on Workman's comp for awhile (for a false claim) and then he quit.. He had scheduled to take off for a week for vacation and while he was home doing some home improvements, he injured himself. While still on vacation, he comes into work under the false pretenses of cleaning his truck... During which, he of course staged his accident.... He verbally had told me a day before that he had injured himself at home. He told another driver as well, but then a day later he claims he did it at work.. Well, first things first.. um, he was on paid vacation and not performing any duties that apply to his job!! But he claimed it, and they paid it!!

Anyhoo, after a month on Workman's compensation, Homer calls the Fisherman and tells him to have someone clean out his truck so another driver can use it.

YAY!! He is officially gone!!

until......

He calls me this past Sunday and begins commenting on how much he hates his new job and other assorted useless garbage.... He called another driver and raved about how wonderful his job was!!!

I am so pissed right now, but I will get to that.....

So, later in the week, Razz calls me and tells me he too has spoken with the Fisherman recently.. My name had been bought up... The Fisherman had mentioned that I had not been invited to a friends wedding and why, and then goes into other derogatory comments about me...

The so-called friends in question are some people I had met thru the Fisherman 3 years ago on a couple of brief encounters... Not bosom buddies, not even social friends, just some people I had the opportunity to cordially say hello to on more than one occasion. Should I have been upset that I was not invited to the nuptials?? He obviously thought so!! I could not have cared less.. We don't exchange greeting cards or chat on the phone, we do not socialize on the weekend, so why should this upset me.. It doesn't.... But I can only presume that he wanted it to.

Then he dropped the bomb!! This is why I am so enraged!!

He had the audacity to make comments about my social life and lack of a spouse. Something to do with my inability to "Keep A Man"...

And the worst comment of all.... "Someone ought to check and see if she has a kickstand".. Meaning that I perhaps was equipped with masculine genitalia (once again referring to my inability to secure a husband)....

HOW DARE HE!! Just who the *&$* does he think he is.. I mean damn!! he has a new job, why can't he pick on new people!! And it is not so much, what he said that disturbs me. I know why I am single and a girl has a right to be choosy. Not to mention the fact the being a truck driver has really put a damper on certain things in my life! But his meddling just really makes me want to go Jerry Springer on him.

I don't believe I will be accepting his phone calls in the future!



For those of you unfamiliar with the Fisherman, just click on the Fisherman tag below for other assorted stories.... They are not this cruel, but I don't feel like linking!!

2 comments:

lioux said...

I hate when people talk trash!

One of my male BFF's gossips like a 14 year old schoolgirl.

I love him to death; but I feel like I can't tell him anything in confidence, because somehow it always gets back to me in some weird, exaggerated and untrue way.

Terry said...

You know Lioux, when me and a fellow co-worker tried to get some trashy gossip started (just to see how distorted it would get) The fisherman would not take hold of the bait... but let him start his own story and he will tell if 10 different ways in a matter of days.

Ginger, he is old news. I am just thankful I dont have to ever see him again!!

Shell, I will let you know :)