Nov 8, 2006

New Friends

I have only been in my new home for 12 days, but already I am making new friends. Too bad, they cant stick around for awhile.

I got home from work tonight and did the usual. Take a shower, get jammified and grab a bite to eat. A funny thing happened on the way to the kitchen...... I noticed something unusual out of the corner of my eye. Upon further investigation I made my first new friend.

He was a healthy fellow. Very limber. He could touch his head with his tail. And quick too. I think I will call him "Speedy". I am sure he spotted me first because he greeted me with tail waving high in the air. Before I could grab anything, he sensed eminent danger and scurried under the refridgerator. Good thing those babies are on wheels. Once I moved the fridge out of the way, I realized that I was trapped in the kitchen area. Not a problem if you have enough determination. So I scanned the perimeter and grabbed a weapon of mush destruction.

He put up a good fight, but in the end the box of Caesar Salad Croutons was victorious. And now......

MAJOR PARANOIA HAS SET IN!! I still have so much to unpack but am afraid to stick my hands down into the boxes. I am also contemplating the use of a dust ruffle on my bed. (No need to give them easy access) I have checked my houseshoes and they are sitting on the coffee table when not in use. (yes , I am scared to barefoot). Rolled up my pajama legs well above my ankles and using the coffee table as a foot rest. Do you think I am over-reacting??

New agenda for tomorrow. 1. Get signed up for the exterminator pronto!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my mom and stepdad live in arizona and on a couple of occasions when i've visited down there, we have come home from an outing and found some of 'Speedy's' relatives on the ceiling, on the rug, on the walls...
on another note, my verification word was 'mistme'. as in, did you 'mistme' while you were on vacation? LMAO! sometimes i crack myself up!