Nov 18, 2006

Charity Work

Just wanted to give a shout out to the company I deliver for. The William L Bonnell CO. I am very proud to be a part of this organization. I have been delivering their aluminum for almost 4 years .



Why am I so proud, you might ask...



Well, let me just brag a moment. The BonL Co is very active in the community. A few years ago, I had the privilege of meeting the ECHS Marching Band in South Carolina and hauling the band equipment back to Georgia. I got to sit through a practice session, it was very exciting. Needless to say, there was no charge for hauling the equipment. Just a good deed !!



Also, every year, we make a trip into the mountains of North Carolina and pick up a load of Christmas Trees. These trees are then delivered to the local boy scout troop. They sell the trees as a fundraiser for the Scouts. I have been fortunate enough the past three years to deliver these trees. Once again, absolutely no charge for this service. Makes you feel good to be a part of this kind of community service.



Dont let the picture deceive you! There are over 100 trees in that trailer.



The best part of this delivery is watching the boys (ages 7-17) unloading the trees. The little guys are very eager to participate, while the older fellows are very eager to let the smaller guys handle it. Have you ever seen 3 eight year olds trying to move a 8ft Christmas Tree.
Tis the Season

No comments: