Feb 8, 2010

Resurrection

The Beast is Back!! Good Frankentruck. I got a call from the mechanics on Friday, telling me that I was good to go. "There are just a few issues, but feel free to get back in your truck"


The issues are moot at this point. Well sort of. There are several surface scratches and scars on the brand new hood and a small place where it is cracked. Oh well!! Frankie's back in action. He also stated that the one issue I had written up concerning the new motor had not been resolved. I think there is a slight problem with the turbo because you can hear a lot of excessive "air" when you have the compression built up. That and the fact that I don't have the power I should have. This week, more "air" and less power. So they will check that again.

I did manage to get 4 more new drive tires..YAY! and a new set of wiper blades. They were concerned about me heading into the Snowpocalypse. Awwwww. So, now I have a full set of good tires!

The only remaining concern, is where do I put all my stuff. It seems I have accumulated even more crap since I have been hopping back and forth. When I loaded the truck this week, I just put all my gear on the bed. Which is a big NO NO, when you are pulling a spring ride trailer. By the time I made it through the worst roads on the East Coast, all my gear was laying in the floor surrounding me. Well, everything except the food, which is what I wanted to fall so I could grab it. I was starving by the time I got through the last of the icy patches.

But I am back in my truck, and that is what counts the most!!


Think I might even keep the hood ornament!!
You know, as I warning for any other tree that gets antsy!!

1 comment:

John II said...

FRANKIE'S BACK!!! Now don't let him go running off and getting revenge at the tree that damage his hood. Ya know trees come in groups called a 'forest'. For all I know, it probably was a gang initiation; some punk-ass tree laid over across the highway and wrecked your truck. Now it's got scars, kinda liked getting "jumped in". :) But you can never tell, ya know?