Feb 5, 2010

Even More Grateful !!

My next load landed me back on the East Coast with stops in NC, VA, MD, PA and NJ. The storm I had just conquered in Tennessee was racing me to the coast. Thankfully, it was a short week, and this weeks post, I present to you in pictures!!


Where I spent the night Sunday. It is not too often you see this much ice in Kenly, North Carolina. Thankfully, I did not have any trouble maneuvering in this mess. It was a solid inch of ice!!

First stop: Winterville, NC. Unloading on ice was my biggest concern. Even if I could get the load to the customer, they HAD to be able to get the forklift to me!!

Youngsville, NC Still in the throes of the winter storm!! Not so efficient as work conditions, but ohhhh, so very invigorating to MY soul!!


Maybe they were not properly equipped for the snow, but I give North Carolina props for a job well done.

HA!! I had a little fun in Richmond, Va. The customer's parking lot was immaculate, but this road leading in/out was still a bit slushy... While listening to "Trapped Under Ice" by Metallica, I got a little crazy. Once all the automobiles had turned off this beauty, I floored the accelerator and sent a rooster tail of this mushy slop back into the trees...I was, ummm, helping make conditions safer by clearing up the road surface...

Patterson, NJ. While it is a little but tight getting through some communities in New Jersey, the perks make it all worthwhile. I got a dinner invitation in Manhattan out of this delivery.

Tuesday Night, the snow started again so it was early to bed for me. Once I awoke and began my trek home, I was enraptured by the brightness of the snow. This was taken well before sunrise.


But daylight offered no reward. Mounds of snow and heavy fog!!

Eventually, the skies cleared off and the seduction of Mother Nature took over. I am sure I have mentioned this before, but I love Winter!!

Good thing, too. I hear there is trouble brewing in Paradise for me next week...Come on, Old Man Winter, let's see what ya got !!

5 comments:

The Wondering Brit said...

Whoa!! that looks like the ice we had at Christmas, gives the heckles on the back of the neck some exercise thats for sure...

You take care on that stuff, thats the stuff that had WKD slide backward through a busy main road jnc and keep sliding backwards for nearly 1/2 a mile...

After all, the only good job done is the one you get home from...
Take care

John II said...

Just another usual run courtesy of everybody's favorite hubcap.
HA!-HA! Terry's an expert on driving in the snow; she can't have accidents. Now if she can keep out of the far left hand lanes, quit pestering South Carolina and avoid getting traffic citations, then she'll be fine.

Todays Walk said...

LOL Thanks for the rooster tail, that was me about 200 feet back in my wittle car. Not really, but it does help. :) No drought for you guys this summer.... We're suppose to get a foot at my house tomorrow and monday, be looking for it, it will coming your way. Happy Winter...

Fratsit said...

North Carolina did at least try. I travel up HWY 17 into VA to work. As soon as I hit the state line it looked like VA and the City of Chesapeake ignored that lane. Solid ice in the hammer lane, icy slush in the granny lane. Too bad the Navy did not call "essential personnel only"....LOL... in my current shore duty assignment I am hardly "essential".

Terry said...

TWB, wow I didnt realize WKD had slide THAT far !! ack. The good news is I never saw the BLIZZARD this week, and I was actually quite disappointed, but that is another blog post.

John II, I wouldnt go that far, but I do know when to use extra caution. btw, I have not had a traffic citation in over a year. they finally broke me from the left lane when it is restricted.

Todays Walk..Oh gosh, I hope you got your window rolled up in time, I was just "cleaning" the road!! Came through the "Blizzard" with flying colors and am suppose to hit another storm on the way home. I knew I should have hit that groundhog on the head!!

Fratsit, First, you are very essential!! Thanks for being NAVY!! I know 17 pretty good and I hate it when they forget to clean a road. I think DC ran out of salt this week, because the roads were horrible on Sunday!!

Eric, just having a little fun!!