Jan 4, 2008

I Want to be a Spelunker!!

My final days of being "unemployed" are drawing to a close, and as one final treat during the holidays, I was invited to join my brother and his family in Chattanooga for some site seeing.







Although we found NO noogas to chat with, we did have a lovely adventure deep inside the heart of Look Out Mountain.







I have been wanting to spend a day in Choo Choo for quite some time just to soak in all the tourist attractions, but could not convince anyone to go with me. So, I could not refuse the invitation.







I will definitely have to make a return visit in order to catch all the attractions that I missed, but I will have to wait. We did however make the plunge into LookOut Mountain to catch a glimpse of Ruby Falls..





This small crevice was the actual size of the cavern when discovered.. It measured in at barely 2' tall, Of course, it was later excavated to allow for tourism.


This formation is known as Cactus and Candles!


This was one of my favorites.. The south end of a north bound donkey...





After you make the 2/5 mile trek into the cavern, you are finally able to view the namesake of the attraction. Ruby Falls... It was not as grande as I had anticipated... But I think I lost some of the awe just simply because of the structured tour that we were on.


Now, don't get me wrong.. It was indeed very beautiful. But I would prefer to be spelunking with a small group in an unstructured environment.....

No comments: