Jan 11, 2008

Give Me A Break

This morning I headed back over to my local Department of Labor Office.

When I was there last week, the lady informed me that I would be receiving my first check around Wednesday. So, you can imagine to my surprise when no check was deposited. After checking the web-site, it informed me that I needed to return to the office for further help.

Upon arriving, I spoke with the receptionist. She informed me that I had NOT even been processed yet. That should take no longer than 15 working days, and then, I will begin to receive my unemployment compensation.

Good thing I will receive a regular paycheck next Friday, because this bologna is getting old!!

Looks like this weekend will be spent at home doing anything that costs absolutely nothing..

2 comments:

maddie said...

ugh. i'm so sorry. unemployment insurance is the most evil entitly. well, next to the dmv, that is.

Terry said...

I hope I never have to make another claim.. The worst part is that they were treating me like I was filing for welfare.. I was only laid off 2 weeks, not trying to live off "the System"