Jan 4, 2008

The Future Looks dark, dank, and dirty!


After experiencing a brief lapse into a morose demeanor, I have emerged with thoughts of nothing but adventure.


Who says you have to have a partner, to go have fun... Okay, no one did. But I have always preferred it that way.


After visiting Ruby Falls yesterday, my adventurous side was awakened with such fervor that I can hardly contain myself...


I have googling some Cavern Sites to plan a few little adventures for myself this year.. I stumbled upon one such site that offers rappelling, rock climbing, cave exploration (complete with lantern, crawling on your belly type of fun) kayaking, hiking, etc...


Each adventure is fairly inexpensive and all equipment is supplied on site. The adventures range from inexperienced to expert.


And the good news is that the location is only 2-3 hours from home....


Along with my trip to California to compete in a 10k run through the Redwoods, and a trip to Disney at the end of the year, looks like I do indeed have quite a year ahead of me...

2 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

That is the key to battling the doldrums. Plan at least 2 simple things each month to look forward to plus 1 more detailed event every 3 months or so.
I read that some where. I didn't make it up.
Mama Bear

Terry said...

Oh Mama Bear, I would love to be able to plan something for every other weekend... My time is limited due to work, and I have always waited for someone else to be able to tag along.... This year I am not waiting anymore...