Nov 1, 2007

Hook Em Horns...

For some reason, when I think of Texas..... Hook Em Horns is the first thing that comes to mind, even though I never attended college in the state that is like a whole other country. I was raised there and do not ever remember saying that the entire length of my childhood.. Hmmm...

Any ways, why is Texas on my brain, you might ask... Well other than my recent visit with iMike (a.k.a. AtHomeDaddy) who currently resides in Austin..(he came to visit my bro a few weeks ago)(and damn if he don't look the same as he did years ago, except with a few more pounds..... his words~ not mine) My real excitement about the wild west is due to the fact that I just booked a flight to Fort Worth....

Who says MySpace sux?

I have had the extreme pleasure to reconnect with at least 15 of my high school buddies. And OMG, 2 of them have married and currently reside less than 2 miles from my current location. Holy Cow!! But moving on, I have a visit planned for November 15th through the 17th to visit one of my BFFs.... BK. We recently chatted on the phone for hours and it was like we never missed a beat... Who would imagine after all those years apart. I am so freaking excited!

So, I got the flights booked. Which is a major step for me, because I am the world's worst at putting things off until it is more convenient. I have been promising a visit for the past year and now it is finally gonna happen. I will be sure to take lots of pictures and have sent out emails to others.. Who knows how many old friends I might actually get to see that weekend....

I cannot wait!!

EDIT: OMG, I just got confirmation to have lunch with the girl who was my BFF during our entire childhood!!! This is Awesome!!

7 comments:

maddie said...

oh, terry! that is so awesome! i'm so glad you get to reconnect with your bff from so long ago. you know, your next trip needs to be out to cali..... :-)

Terry said...

Absolutely!! I am such a slacker!!

AtHomeDaddy said...

Need a real blast from the past? Swing by B'ville and say Hi to my mom and dad.

Now THOSE people are exactly the same as 20, hell even 40, years ago... They just have a little more gray hair and nicer cars now.

*~*Cece*~* said...

How exciting!

Last month Mister & I had dinner & drinks w/some of his old HS friends. It was cool. He's all about using MS to seek HS friends. Me? Nah. I don't care much 'bout my HS days.

Rick said...

BFF MK?

Love Bears All Things said...

Have fun!!
I;ve seen the AU pictures, they are on my computer. Will he be attending Christmas gatherings with you?
Mama Bear

Terry said...

YES RICK..... BFF MK.....

I am not so sure about family gatherings just yet, Mama Bear...I do realize that if any part of my family could treat him nice without scaring him off, it would be the Huntsville portion....So we will see...

Cece, my final high school days ended so rapidly with no further communication (long story) that I am so excited about reuniting with the old friends..