Nov 29, 2007

Really, Is It Too Much To Ask For??

Knock Knock

Who's There

Some more freaking issues.......

Could I have a side order of issues to go with that?

You know, this past week when I was visiting my Bro, he made the comment that He and I needed to get some issues, you know, being a smartass because ,basically ,well, neither of us have any devastating issues to dwell on....Or maybe he said he was thankful that we did not have issues..I don't remember his exact words but it involved ISSUES.....

Everybody has them....I guess.....But I don't want your issues. So when I started dating again, one of my deal breakers was that if your issues were larger then life, go seek therapy somewhere else. I reserve the right to counsel only those who I am close to, and am not taking any new patients at this time THANKYOUVERYMUCH !!

Well Surprise surprise surprise....... Superman has a little bit of MAJOR baggage...And actually, I am okay with it, if it is handled properly......



So, for now, I will step back and watch.... I may be disappointed in the long run, but I have dealt with disappointments in the past and am able to move forward with very little ISSUES. No, I am not saying that there is trouble in Paradise.. Um, maybe just a little red flag to be cautious for the next little bit... But the positive side is that he chose to be honest with me instead of hiding this, so I guess that should count for something

Frankly, the purpose of this post was to vent a little.... Is it too much to ask that I meet someone who is in a good place in their life.....I play therapist to a variety of people in my life and don't understand why it is that people seek me out to help them....Yes, I am friendly. Yes, I listen very well. Yes, I can give some good perspective....But back a few years ago when I needed a "friend", where was everybody? Huh? So, I just had to toughen up and move forward. Maybe that is why I have such good perspective, because I had to figure it all out by myself... Who knows....and I really don't mind helping others out with their problems. I am just feeling concerned for the issue at hand which does not even belong to me, nor did I ask for it.....



PSYCHIATRIST
The Doctor Is In
5 cents

4 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Uh Oh!
Mama Bear

Ginger said...

So I've been meaning to talk to you about this problem I've been having....

Terry said...

Yeah well, get in line G!!

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm...