Dec 16, 2006

TCHAIKOVSKY

Last week, while waiting in line at a convenience store, I was browsing through a small display of Christmas music. I tend to love music with lots of horns and drums. Makes me feel alive!! So, I stumbled upon the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra's release of the NutCracker. Only $3.99. What the hey, So I purchased it.

At first I was just a little entranced with the lovely music. Then I realized, I was quite familiar with several of the musical pieces. No, I have never seen the Nutcracker (such a pity). But it would have been almost impossible not to recall where I had heard the music previously. Ever watch "Bugs Bunny" You know, the old classic Looney Tunes?? The GOOD STUFF. I had forgotten all the symphonies that Mel Blanc and Warner Brothers had used in those classic cartoons.

Well , needless to say that my love of music has rekindled its flame with symphonies and Orchestras. I will certainly be looking for Bach and Beethoven. But if anyone has a suggestion to offer on some other composers I should check out, please leave a comment!!

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Some of the music from Nutcracker is also included in Disney's Fantasia. Have you ever heard or watched it? I will dig out my soundtracks and loan them to you.

I always loved the Marriage of Figaro that Elmer Fudd and Bugs did.

Terry said...

Was that the one where Fudd "killed the Wabbit"?