Dec 9, 2006

15 Seconds of Fame

Friday evening, some family members got together to eat out and then attend the local Christmas Parade...

After 30 minutes of hunting a parking spot we finally settled in at Rosies Cantina for some food and drinks. Because we had a parking spot (on the parade route) we decided to stall as long as possible to remain for the festivities.

We managed to get a spot at the beginning of the route which proved to be great for being bombarded with the best candies. (My sister-in-law actually got pegged in the head a few times by 8 year olds throwing the candy off the floats). After filling the pockets of all the children standing around us, we decided to fill our own.

The parade was nice. All the basics. Firetrucks, sirens, mounted police, classic cars, 3 marching bands (which is always my favorite). It was actually quite a long procession. I enjoyed every minute of it.. However, it was quite frigid out that evening. In the 20s I believe. Props to Rosie's for handing out free Hot Chocolate. We also got to see Leo III and Una, the lions who reside at UNA.

However, my favorite part were the Mascots that were wreaking havoc thru the city streets. UNA's Leo and the Tennessee Titans' T Rac. Seems they were waging a little war right in front of us. After T-Rac's scooter was stolen by Leo, the giant raccoon turned to engage the crowd. First victim- Little Ole Me. I got a Titan size huge and a few kisses. (I actually think he was groping me). He then moved on to maul my Sister in Law.

After all the excitment passed a fellow pedestrian informed us that we had just had a brush with fame. It seems that T-Rac (or the person in the costume), used to be Leo, UNAs Mascot. He has also been rewarded the NFLs Best Mascot Award. And T-Rac is a 5 time Pro Bowl Mascot......So there goes my 15 seconds of fame!

1 comment:

Mike said...

If you are getting groped in public, get groped by the best!