Dec 9, 2006

He Did It Again!!

I really have to be more careful with what I say in front of my youngest nephew. He is quite the intellectual.

I am sure you are now interested as to how he corrected me this time.

Well, on the way to my Mothers house, I kind of got off the beaten path. I had my 2 older nephews with me and they also were unfamiliar with the new terrain. So we just did a little sightseeing. I finally recognized a familiar street sign, but was still unsure as to which direction we needed to head, so we took a wild guess, assuming we were probably wrong, and pushed forward. Surprise, we were right where we needed to be.

Upon telling this story to the rest of the family, everyone was in agreement that it was extremely difficult to get lost in this particular city, including the brainchild whom is only 8 years old. I mentioned the name of the "Familiar Street Sign" which guided us safely back to our predetermined course. It was Sixth Street.

Now let me just say this. The reason that this particular sign was so familiar to me is because, I HAVE GOT LOST in this city before.

Before I could even finish the story, J quietly interrupts me and states " Dont you mean 6th Avenue???"

Why, yes I do.... Touche'

No comments: