Dec 31, 2006

Georgia On My Mind

I don't believe I mentioned it on the last post, but the reason I was making such good time for the most part of my journey was because 50% of the traffic was doing well to maintain 75-80 mph. The other 50 % were averaging 90+.

So, I am happy to report that on my return trip home, traffic was flowing just as well. But get this, NO ACCIDENTS.

I started noticing a few particular cars that grouped together for at least a hundred miles. They all took turns leading the pack and no one missed a beat re-accelerating after a minor slow down.. It was almost choreographed, the way they would yield to each other when changing lanes and maneuvering through the slower traffic...

So, I begin to check out the tags on these vehicles and noticed they were all Georgia Tags.. Seven counties represented in all....

Funny thing, is the previous day there was also another group of vehicles traveling rapidly down the interstate and 5 out of 7 of those were also GA Tags..

Now who say folks cant drive in Atlanta. Just because they cant go in circles, like say around the Watermelon 500 ( also known as the Perimeter, or 285) doesn't mean they cant drive in a straight line.... Git R Done....

No comments: