May 24, 2007

Freebies

The Trucking Company has a uniform policy and every year they credit each employee $150.00 to purchase new uniforms.



Every year, this has been a problem for me. It always ends up taking about 6 months to fulfill my order properly.... The order gets lost or the items are not sized appropriately..One year, the pants were so big, I swear we could have all worn them together.. Okay, that may be an exageration, but seriously, they were at least 12 inches too big in the waist. Last year, they fit in the waist, but no where else. The shirts managed to come in a separate package that someone had dropped and run over... The package was torn, the buttons were ripped up and there were rubber stains on the clothe... TIRE MARKS!!



From the beginning of my employment with these folks, a few folks have fussed about me not following the uniform policy... So I wore them.. And they laughed!!! The issue itself, seemed to fade into the past, but the clothes have forever been a source of humor...



I should take a picture, right... To let you see why I call them "My Clown Suit"



Well, it is that time of year again... I received my order pamphlet and just as I was about to discard it (I have only 2 months left here), the assistant suggested I order me up some freebies..

They do after all, offer things like boots and coats, gloves, toboggans, etc....



Well, they offer these things to normal size people :(



They had a nice pair of work boots, but don't offer them in anything remotely small enough for my feet. The coats are typically too large.. The gloves~ fahgetta bout it!!



So after glancing thru the brochure, I placed my order....



5 Hoodies



2 Parka Liners.. ( I already have the Parka)



I placed my order on May 16th.......



On May 21, my order arrived..... HOLY MACKEREL.... I have never received any order items within 3 months of placing an order.. Seriously, but 5 days.......



So, The hoodies are perfect for jogging in cooler temps!! Although they do display the Trucking Company logo.... But hey, 5 free hoodies, RIGHT!!



The Parka Liners are awesome too. I could not imagine actually inserting one of these into the parka and wearing it, unless I was living in a frozen tundra.. Seriously... I brave the colder temps of the NE every winter and these things could serve as insulated weight loss attire when worn together... So suffice it to say, it is like I got 2 more free coats...And this time, no Company logo...they are liners after all... And SMALL, really did mean small.. They FIT PERFECTLY!!



I actually think , they made a mistake with this order also, because don't liners usually have a way to fasten themselves inside the item they are lining.... The parka has a zipper that should attach the liner.... But these so called liners have no corresponding zipper...And the liners are reversible, and they have the little hidden hood tucked into the collar and they are fuzzy and warm and water resistant and.... Well, they are just the nicest damn parka liners I have ever seen. Can you tell, I like them?



So, Score One for the Trucking Co... Items that actually fit, delivered in 5 days!!



I think, they are trying to entice me to stay.... But too little, too late there buddy!



Wednesday May 23, I officially accepted the offer of employment from The New Employer. ( Honestly, I was beginning to worry that they had not made me an offer yet)

9 comments:

lioux said...

WOO HOO!!!

Congrats!

Terry said...

Thanks Lioux.... And did I mention that after six months, I get a nice little bonus... $1000 bucks to join the New Team....

maddie said...

with 5 hoodies, i think you should send one out to me. :)

Mike said...

Congrats on finalizing the new job.

I thought of you when 4 firemen walked past me and the kids in the grocery store today. ONe of 'em winked at me I think.

Or maybe he was winking at The Princess. Just in case, I winked back.

*~*Cece*~* said...

Sweet! Sounds like a great score! Guess you can call it your going away gift from the trucking company!

Congrats on the new job, too.

P.S. I'm linking your blog!

Terry said...

Sure thing Shell!!

ROFL, I can just see you winking back , Mike.... hahahahhah

Cece, really, it is about time they gave me something other than a bunch of confused looking stares... and thanks for linking!!

Sally said...

I LOVE free stuff! Very cool!

Love Bears All Things said...

Maybe someone finally listened.

Terry said...

No Mama Bear, its an annual program that everyone participates in...The supplier just got it right for once...