May 26, 2007

Warning: This will put you to sleep

Recently I have been in a bit of a foul mood.. ROADRAGE at its finest... My stress levels were at an all time high and there was no obvious reason for me to be feeling this way...

I did manage to rationalize the cause of my anger and am happy to say that all has passed..

In extremely good spirits, I set out on my journey last Sunday. An alternate route due to work issues (not mine, of course)

So I set off on my course with the first stop being Lexington, South Carolina.. Only a 3-4 hour drive, so naturally I left at late as possible...

After a good nights sleep ( I was 30 minutes late to my first delivery) I began my day. Lexington- delivered.... Charlotte, NC-delivered

BOOM

What the.... I looked in my mirror and saw the large chunks of rubber fly out from underneath my trailer. Luckily there was a truck stop 2 miles up the road. Man, I just checked those tires....

I ended up staying at the truck stop for 4 hours waiting on a single tire to be replaced. Needless to say, at this point my next customer would not be able to unload me until the next morning. So I travelled the remaining 1 and 1/2 hours and called it a day...

In all, I ended up only "working" 4.5 hours on Monday. Normally, this would really get under my skin, but I had decided to just go with the flow... Not. Gonna. Piss. Me. Off. !

Tuesday started off fine.. 2 stops delivered in Youngsville, North Carolina.... Another in Richmond, Virginia... With the delays from Monday, there was no way I was going to make my Philly delivery on Tuesday, so I just strolled in the appropriate direction and found a spot to camp out at the truck stop in Elkton, MD..(Only an hour from my next stop)

Tuesday evening turned out to be a rather nice surprise... I ran into an old friend (okay, so we actually had spoken and knew we would both be in the area) and he bought me a lovely birthday dinner. We watched a movie and cut up like teenagers... We bring the silliness out in each other!!
Tuesdays total work log- about 6 hours.

Wednesday went rather smoothly. Final 2 stops delivered and 1 return pick-up made... I was heading home... This should have been a quick 2.5 day trip, but in all in ended up being 4 days.
And surprisingly, it really did not bother me a bit, which is unusual. However, because of the shortened mileage, I had to schedule myself to make an extra trip this week... Which normally irritates me. I hate having to work extra!!! So a quick trip down to Tifton, Georgia and i am done for the week...

There were several situations throughout the week that should have caused me a little stress and grief... But I am really over it!!!! Wooooo hooooo.. It is good to be back!! ( to being myself)

3 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Giving up certain things can make one irritable so watch out for that.

Love Bears All Things said...

Oh, I forgot. I just assumed you always came home empty but sounds like you make deliveries on the way home?

Terry said...

The irritability set in before that decision was made...

And yes, sometimes we do pick up material to bring back to the plant, but it is not often!!