May 18, 2007

I Love You Mr Occifer!! YOU ROCK


Okay, so we are all well aware of my lust for The Boys in Blue, and or Red for that matter!!


And most of us are probably aware that when an officer of the law is cruising down the highway, that at least a few of the other people driving are going to act~ well, lets just say stupid, shall we!!


This is a pet peeve of mine.. Big Time.


I think it is absolutely hilarious how people will slow to match the speed of the Cruiser... I mean if a cop is doing 10 below the speed limit, inevitably the cars around him will also reduce to match his speed.


And then as soon as the Officer makes his exit, or disappears into the median... the mad dash to the finish line begins again... Hahahahhhahaha, ohhhhhhh how this kills me!!


Really, folks, he ain't gonna eat ya!!


Not me, tho.. If Mr Smokey Bear is cruising down the interstate and holding up traffic, I will be the first to pass him... I ain't skeered!!! This essentially applies to my personal travels, because my Big Truck is not fast enough to pass the old man in the broke down travel trailer weaving in the right lane with his fourways on!! You get the idea, the Big Truck is slow!!


But in me Pony Car, I am hell on wheels... And of course, being a Mustang I should probably drive slower, because after all don't they look for speeding red sports cars??


So, anyways, on to the story...


Thursday, while travelling over to Bama, I run up on one such procession... Mr. Smokey Bear was cruising down the freeway doing about 72 mph.... When it dawned on everyone that a Great Officer Of The Law was in their presence, they immediately renegotiated their E T As..


Yes, everyone dropped about 10 mph to form a convoy of four wheelers behind the Smokey Bear. I played along at first, constantly wondering why the reduction in speed. Once I became enlightened to the situation, I gradually weaved my way through traffic until I was the lead car in the slow lane.. (Mr Occifer had tucked himself firmly into the highspeed lane, and was not budging) Side by side (we are back up to about 75 mph at this point) we approach a slower vehicle in the right lane, so I tuck in behind the cop and we make the pass. The Copper then reduces down to a slower rate of speed, while passing the several more slow vehicles... When clear, I merge back into the right lane... Now we both accelerate together, he is matching me..


We do this several times...


Accelerate....


BRAKE


Tuck in to the left


Make the pass


Merge Right


Accelerate


The guy in the car behind the officer, is dying to get around, but essentially too scared to make a move. He had several opportunities to make the pass, but always slowed when the officer slowed. I think Mr Smoky Bear was playing with these folks. So about the fourth time we did the tuck and pass maneuver, the guy following the officer decided he was not going to allow me to merge in behind the officer...


He closed in on the Cruiser and made some gesture at me thru his windshield....

The Occifer of the Law also noticed him doing this and lo, and behold... What does the Smoky Bear do???


Well folks, he throws on the Blue Lights, which immediately causes the fellow following him to reduce speed allowing a gap for me to safely tuck in behind the cruiser... Funny thing, the lights then were turned off and the Smoky accelerated to get passed all the slower traffic. When clear, I made the right lane merge and the Officer slowed a bit. As I pulled even with him, he looked over and gave me a HUGE smile and a little wave... Then he nodded and made a gesture for me to "Get on Down the road" At this point, we were both doing about 73 mph... I smiled and waved and accelerated... The Cop then slowed and of course everyone else slowed too. So now I pretty much have the entire stretch of road to myself.... The guy who had been following decides to make the pass to get around the Officer... He eased in the right lane, and never made the pass. The Officer rode beside him for some time....But the little silver car, never did make the pass.


Mr. Smokey Bear, you are my hero and I love you !!







4 comments:

maddie said...

hahah. i totally do that! i hate the boys in blue. maybe because i have a led foot....

Sally said...

I love it! Awesome story! I refuse to ride behind them when they're going under the speed limit...I would have done the same thing! =)

Terry said...

Yeah Girls, I have major traffic issues with idiots!! I mean really, the officers are not going to pull you over just for passing.. Unless you pass them well over the speed limit.... This one actually let me get away with 78 mph in a 70 zone.... I thought it was hilarious because you could tell others were dying to pass also, but did not have the gumption... It was sort of like our own personal joke, when he waved me to go on!!!!!

lioux said...

Awesome.