May 26, 2007

The Birthday Post

So last week I celebrated my 26th birthday (yet, again)...


My mother had scheduled a family get together to honor several events that occurred n the month of May...


Originally, she claimed it was a Birthday Party for me and my nephew (his birthday is 8 days after mine). She is very neurotic and changes her mind about things, almost as quickly as the hands of a clock change position... Seriously, forever concerned as to what others might think, how they will react and any impending criticisms, she will constantly alter her plans until she has come up with the "perfect" arrangement.


Therefore, she decided to fore go the Birthday Theme, and just have a family get together...


Dammit! I want a party!!!


Lucky for me, I have an awesome Sister-n-Law.


I arrived in Bama, 2 days prior to the family function (to have Sally pimped). I always stay with my brother and his family when I am in town. So what does SIL do??


She has a birthday party for me!!!!! Complete with cake and presents!! It was a wonderful surprise and made me very happy... So there!! MOM!!
Over all, my birthday turned out to be a relatively nice one.. No major drama!! The entire family was there, except my SIL (she had to work)...
I received some pretty nice gifts... Got to see my entire family (we have a small one) and had lots of fun with the Bri-Baby!!
PS. The Boy Wonder told me I was evil!! Why, because I had cake for breakfast... hahhahhahahah.. Well, it was my cake!!! Thanks G!!!!


5 comments:

maddie said...

Yay! That is a great looking cake. I bet it was tasty, especially for breakfast!

My mom gets goofy about birthdays, too. Apparently, about 10 years ago I turned too old to celebrate them. Um....right. Good thing I have good friends that don't listen to her! Yay for your SIL!!!

Terry said...

The cake ws half eaten when i took that picture, you bet it was tasty!!... Thanks again for all the yummy goodies.. Just wait until Sept!! :)

Love Bears All Things said...

SIL just happened to be working the day of the family celebration? So-o obvious, she did a post on being left out.

lioux said...

I Love, Love, Love parties! Sounds like you all had a great time!

Angel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Sorry this was belated.