Oct 8, 2006

Weekend Getaway

Well, I made the trek to Alabama this last weekend. Turned out to be quite a nice weekend.

Friday was fairly typical. One of my goals this weekend was to have my window tint replaced on my doors. I did have to wait a little longer than I had anticipated, but that was due to circumstances beyond my control. So, I wont fuss too much. The tint guys were more than willing to address my situation with the scratches and hazing. They were more than happy to replace both windows. They were more than happy to not charge me anything additional... In fact, no additional paperwork whatsoever!

HELLO, WAL-MART! ARE YOU GUYS PAYING ATTENTION HERE????

So, back to the ranch.

One of our weekend traditions is to play 1 2 3 Raaaarrrrrrr. Also known as hide and seek. We like our version better. Its fun to say and the rules can change in mid-play if someone feels they were caught unjustly. A good time is had by all and this weekend we got the Daddy to join in.

On Saturday we journeyed over to a car show. Lots of Mustangs and other assorted goodies. Here is my favorite:

Anybody see some fellows with long beards holding guitars??? Oh Well. (I personally think that all car shows should be based on class. Why are the Nopi cars here with all the classics. And to. the ignorant folks like myself, Whats with those 06's parked over here? Did they run out of parking??? OHHHH, you have done something to it... Makes it special..... Okay, I will just have to trust you on that. Guess I should have entered my little Pony Car too.

The kids got to partake in a little action in the kid zone, and then off for some grub.

On the way home, we made a little detour to the toy store. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you........I think the kids were happy with their choices. And now I have all the more reason to return for another visit. Kareoke and Monopoly!!!

All in all it was a good trip. I did leave a little later than I had intended. But once both my brother and nephew erected hotels I knew it was time to split...


I just wanted to add a final note.. The Pony Car performed exceptionally this weekend. I got home with a 25.7 mpg rating. The GT was rated at 25 mpg on the highway, so it overachieved this weeekend. Even with my lead foot!!!!!


5 comments:

Mike said...

Man I hope Rick LOVES that Kareoke machine in a couple of weeks! Good choice.

Terry said...

I didnt think about how annoying that thing could potentially be....I honestly choose it for the happiness of the child. I MEAN IT.

Mike said...

Which is even better. She will love it so much that her dad would only break her heart if he ever tries to make her stop using it, right?

Terry said...

I think it will end up in a battle over who gets the microphones to sing along to U2. There are 2 mics and 3 U2 fans. Poor Rick will have to wait his turn.

Rick said...

Hello, Hello, Hola!