Oct 18, 2006

Calm Down People!!!

I am really not quite sure what is going on here, but there must be something in the air.... Fall has finally arrived and traffic is going crazy.

Last week I wrote about encountering serveral delays due to accidents. Well, this week was the same.

350 miles into my trip I came upon my first delay. (Nascar was in Charlotte NC this week, so Sunday traffic was a bit heavy in this area.) TWO RVs and 12 automobiles. A 14 vehicle smash em' up. That only took about 30 minutes to get around.

82 miles later..... Big Truck in the Median.

102 miles later..... Car and Big Truck collide.

256 mile later..... 14 mile back-up due to a collision in a single lane construction zone.

That was my Sunday. Monday flowed very well. Heard reports of accidents , but never encountered any delays. So on to Tuesday.....

110 miles into the day, a two car collision.....

3 hours later ( back at that construction zone) A truck rear ends another truck....

47 miles away.... a south bound vehicle runs off the road and flips, northbound vehicles slow to watch the destruction and one of them runs off the road. This resulted in a fatality.

100 miles later.......... Reports start to trickle in about the accident ahead. 87 miles ahead. Big Truck flipped in the median going southbound. Interstate Closed!!!!! This is at 5:15pm.

At this point, I decide it is time to take a break. I pull into the next truck stop for dinner and a shower, maybe a little TV. After 2 hours the road is still closed so I decide to call it a night. Around 4 AM I decide it is time to try heading out. No one speaks of the accident. Must be cleared up by now, RIGHT? WRONG!!!! I get to the scene and the road is still blocked (14 hours later). Not much of a delay this time.

295 miles later.... Another accident.

95 miles later..... yet again!!!!

COME ON PEOPLE. WAKE UP AND DRIVE!!!!!!!!

208 miles later...... I am off the road. Out of the truck. HOME.

I dont know if it is the cooler temperatures, or what. Folks are just not paying attention. That is 2 weeks in a row that I have witnessed an unusually high volume of accidents. Lets hope next week is less destructive.

No comments: