Oct 7, 2006

That Boy IS SMART.

During my weekend visit to my brothers house, a discussion was started by my 8 year old nephew. The Topic was population in US major cities.

He asked a few opinion questions and stated a few facts. Then began the responses... Now, there were three of us in the car well over 8 years old and we all responded in turn. Not surprisingly, the three adults unanimously agreed that the 8 year old might not have his facts quite so accurate. He took this in stride and did not offer any type of rebuttle.

When we got back to the house, I quickly jumped on the net and looked up the population charts. Turns out the Nephew was completely accurate and the Aunt, the Father, and the Grandfather had no idea what they were talking about.

Way to go Jordan. This is actually not too surprising. One of my nephews favorite things to do is draw the state of Alaska and identify different counties. I dont think I was even aware that counties existed at that age, much less be able to identify any. And did I mention that at the age of 5 he was teaching his younger sister to speak some spanish. Now, that is a smart child!!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

But did you hear his sister read?

Terry said...

No one even mentioned that Bri is reading now... I am so disappointed I didnt get to hear this accomplishment..

Ginger said...

She just started in the last week or so. You must come back soon!