Sep 4, 2011

Unidentified Flying Object

I get a little behind in these posts....

So a few weeks ago, not really sure when, I was on my way to Atlanta to take the pre-employment drug screen and physical for my soon to be new employer. As a truck driver, my eyes are constantly scanning the road for hazards, whether it be motorists or debris. As a Mustang GT owner, my eyes are constantly scanning the road for hazards, whether it be motorists or debris...

I noticed some objects laying in the road a pretty good ways ahead, but since they were actually laying on the dotted line, I was not too worried about having to dodge them. I wont make that mistake again. Just as I was approaching said objects (metal) , the car beside me accelerates and proceeds to cut over in front of me. I saw his blinker come on and just knew he would wait until he passed the metal lying in the road. WRONG!! He barely made it passed me before intruding in my lane.

He crossed the lane making direct contact with the metal object. His rear tire collected the item and sent it flying into the air and directly into my bumper.  SMACK, crunch, bounce, scrap...... SIGH!!!!

My first thought was to check and see if the tires had been cut but the car continued to handle just fine. I made it to the clinic and decided to check out the damage...  Not what I wanted to see.



 The bumper has a hole through it, and the impact knocked out the turn signal light assembly. The front wheel was scarred and the back tire flattened.

The bright side of this little incident, is that I actually keep my cool throughout. I made my appointment for the pre-employment screening. I made the trip back from Atlanta and did not yell, cuss scream, or threaten to kill anybody.. Maybe, I am finally starting to get over all of that pent up rage and frustration accumulated during the past few years of my trucking career. Maybe??

5 comments:

Jeffro said...

Maybe, I am finally starting to get over all of that pent up rage and frustration accumulated during the past few years of my trucking career. Maybe??

Nahhh. Why start now? ;-)

J.M. said...

Awww....poor litle pony...car. Don't let the stooges fix it; you'll never seen the mustang ever again.

Terry said...

I am sure that I will find something else to become enraged about soon enough, Jeffro. Like Big Truckers cutting over in front of me too soon and throwing rocks at my cars.... Ohhhhhh, the possibilities. :)

TWBrit said...

Your car looks a right mess! :p lol

Hope you get it looking fine again with minimal cost

Terry said...

It is frightful TWBrit!! Got the tire replaced for free, and the body damage will be repaired with minimal costs.. Had to do a little name-dropping :)