Oct 21, 2009

Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga, TN

Last week, I had a little time off and had scheduled a nice weekend getaway. During the course of said rendezvous, I made a few new friends.




I thoroughly enjoyed the petting pool, where I was able to caress Bamboo Sharks, some Rays (not sure if they were Sting, Manta, or otherwise) and a Guitar Fish ?!? In fact the little fellows in the tank were quite happy to be rubbed. There was one Ray in particular who returned every few seconds for a gentle caress. And I think the Bamboo Shark loved me as much as I loved him.


Overall, I was not pleased with the Tennessee Aquarium, often boasting to be the best Southern Aquarium. I beg to differ. While the main Ocean Tank was very nice, there was very little variety as a whole. And the River Tank, held even more salt water aquatic life....Hmmm??

I think I still prefer the Georgia Aquarium with it's many diversified inhabitants.

But it was a treat to play with the sharks in the petting pool. Now, I would pay just to do that again. And just for the record, did you know Rays are related to Sharks? Yep, I think I made some new friends......

5 comments:

John II said...

Well, you got to enjoy some time off. Too bad you didn't like the Tennessee Aquarium.
In Long Beach, CA. there's an aquarium called "Aquarium Of The Pacific" where it's a two-story building full of enclosed water tanks filled with all kinds of fish and sea creatures. I saw these Japanese sea crabs that their bodies about the size of a watermelon and their legs are two feet long. (Talk about sci-fi!)
Going to aquariums parks you'd be surprised what's out there in the ocean.

GoGo said...

Did you smash your thumb nail or is that nail polish. Or some weird camera anomaly.

I used to pet a goldfish i had. People thought i was nuts when i told them but it would swim between my fingers over and over.

John II said...

No, I think that's nail poish. Maybe black or blue.
(Yeah, I wish I was that Ray. I'm jealous of him. HA!HA!HA!)

doomytunes said...

Something fishy is going on..... Hey one of your trucks passed me last night in PA. They were in a hurry.

Terry said...

Aaron, that was polish...Black nail, white tip, silver stripe..Kind of like a black tie affair polish.

Doomy, was it a short loud mouthed bald man?? I know exactly who that was!!